Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Default keyboard layout
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

When searching in Kodi (Youtube, for example), I usually need to input English, but occasionally I need input other characters, such as Chinese, so I need choose two keyboard layouts in
"Settings->Interface->Regional->Keyboard layouts", and need to make English as the default. But I can't find a way in Kodi to do that , the default is always Chinese.

Is there any way to do this? If not, I can think the following ways to implement this.
1. We respect the order when selecting keyboard layout, the last selection is the default.
2. The last used keyboard layout in the pop up keyboard is the default.
If you enable two keyboards you can switch while the keyboard is open
(2016-12-06, 11:01)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]If you enable two keyboards you can switch while the keyboard is open

I knew this, the issue is I need change each time I need to input English because I mostly use English. It's annoying to do this each time with a remote.
At last, I found a solution for this. Just modify the guisettings.xml file,

Code:
<locale>
    <keyboardlayouts>English QWERTY|Chinese BaiduPY</keyboardlayouts>
</locale>

After the modification, even though the GUI still show Chinese at first, but the pop up keyboard will use English by default.