Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Pellucid [Kodi Krypton]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
The music full-screen is back with a vengance, thedeadman. I found a serious bug that I can only resolve with a hard reset or by killing the x-server.

To reproduce
  • Play a song or album
  • Exit to the main screen
  • Enter the music full-screen
  • Stop playing music with the remote’s stop button
  • Profit! The full-screen turns black, only the clock and date is visible and the skin hangs
I would assume that the expected behaviour when pressing the stop button is for the music to stop playing (which is does) and to force the view back to the main screen.

Everything is fine if I exit out from the music full-screen to the main screen and then stop playing with the stop button on the remote.

I’m on v1.2.2 and I’m also using the Artist Slideshow add-on.
(2017-05-03, 12:25)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]There are favourites and there are favourites... Kodi has its own favourites database that local content is saved to, but many addons also have an 'add to favourites' that sometimes saves to a completely different - addon specific - database. From your description, your menu item is pointing to the internal Kodi favourites. Would I be right in thinking that you have a bunch of video addons, and that you've added a bunch of stuff as 'favourites' within those addons?

My apologies with the favorites issue. I actually figured it out. When setting the home menu there is, where you described, a way to set add-on specific favorites and then the kodi specific database. I didn't realize if you went to the 'Common' folder when the list first comes up then you could set it where all favorites are located. I should have taken more time to explore but I was in a hurry to get to work lol.
@AbsurdBrian: No worries!

@solbero: Bah, it's the bug that never dies... I'm looking into it.
(2016-12-06, 21:30)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]IMPORTANT: This skin is for Kodi Krypton and above only. Please do not post bug reports if you are using an older version of Kodi.

watch gallery

Pellucid is a light, clean and carefully designed Kodi skin that is focussed on family living room setups.
It has a low memory footprint and performs very well on low power devices such as the Raspberry Pi 3.

Hi,

Just want to ask, which add-on is that you are using?

Thanks
Not sure I understand. No addons shown, just a local library.
@solbero: Think i've cracked it... Latest GIT has the fix. Would you mind giving it a whirl?
I’ll test it tomorrow, Sunday.
The latest master from GitHub has fixed the issue. Good work!

Edit: As I mentioned earlier, I’m using the Artist Slideshow add-on to give me artist background images in the music full-screen. Is it possible to add a slider or some setting to adjust how dark the vignette is applied? Right now, I feel it is too dark, as it it sometimes hard to make out some of the artist images.
Cheers!

I've upped the brightness for the Artist Slideshow in the latest commit. Is that better?
(2017-05-07, 14:17)thedeadman Wrote: [ -> ]Cheers!

I've upped the brightness for the Artist Slideshow in the latest commit. Is that better?
It is a lot better now. Thanks!

Here are also some improvements and suggestions I have been thinking about while using your skin for the last couple of days.

I have had some time to play around with the stop function when I’m in the music full-screen. I have noticed that there is no transition effect when I press the stop button on my remote and the skin throws me back to the main screen. On the other hand, when I enter and exit the music full-screen with music playing, there is a small transition. Is this something you could look into?

Also, I’m a little unsure how to explain this clearly, but when I play some music I have to enter the “Music” entry on the main menu. If I exit back to the main screen, this entry would still be highlighted. But, if I play some music, there is a conditional entry that appears in the main menu called ”Now playing”. This new entry throws off the menu highlighting by one. Instead of ”Music” still being marked, “Videos” is being marked instead. In other words, the highlighting moves one entry up in the list. Is this a limitation of the skin, or something it is possible to adjust?

Also, is it possible to animate the clock and date on the main screen? What I’m thinking of is for the clock and date to slide right in sync with the main menu appearing from the left. Doing this would center the clock and date in relation to the background “window”.

And one last niggle: Could you change the “Play DVD” string to “Play Disc”? I play a lot of audio CDs, and it is a little confusing when it says “Play DVD”. I understand if this is something you might not want to implement, as it would break the translations.

Best regards from Norway.

PS: I'll look into translating your skin over the summer. I used to do a lot of translations of Kodi on Transifex. Do you have a .pot file for the skin, or should I just use the English .po file as a base and send a pull request?
Beautiful skin! My new default.

I just have a couple of questions.
1) Is it possible to change the view? By default I only see a tile view and I rather change it to display information along side each movie.
2) Is it possible to set widgets when hovering over a menu item?
Firstly great looking skin !! on a large display its looks super cool. Good work and keep it up !!!

Couple of things I would like to suggest..not sure if it has been reported already though.. did go though the forum thread but might have missed it...

- I tried to adjust the audio offset for a video and the screen goes blank.. is it possible to continue having the video play just like the subtitle offset so that we don't miss out else need to pause the video which then becomes a pain as need to keep adjusting it to find the best fit.
- Would it be possible to have the option to have the menu of video settings pop up from below rather than the right side?
- I noticed that when I launch a video there is small black screen then pops up a moment before the video plays full screen..not a big issue but just posting it if it can be fixed out.

thanks again for the great skin..will continue using it and report any issues I come across...

IAMGROOT
Please help this skin is great but in some addons artworks dont work
addons like cine / series catoal / k911 are unable to see artwork on pellucid skin
but if i change skin like cofluence i can watch then

please help
and sorry 4 my english
(2017-05-09, 03:27)Citrus Wrote: [ -> ]Beautiful skin! My new default.

I just have a couple of questions.
1) Is it possible to change the view? By default I only see a tile view and I rather change it to display information along side each movie.
2) Is it possible to set widgets when hovering over a menu item?

me too please
change view list could be a solution for all my problems.

somebody know how.?
The font size and formatting seems too big on the “edit source” dialogue. See the attached screenshot.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21