Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Amazon Fire TV - XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

I hope someone can help. I have an Amazon Fire TV box which had XBMC installed. I tried to install KODI and when XBMC kept loading I thought I should start from scratch. I tried to restore the Amazon Fire to factory settings and now it stops on the screen with the green Android Robot with a loading bar and before the bar loads completely the box restarts and continues in the same cycle.

Please can someone help me resolve this?

Thanks!
What are you using to power the unit ? Sounds like a power adapter issue.
Thank you for your reply. I'm powering the box directly from the mains with the adaptor that was supplied with the Amazon box.[/php]
(2016-12-08, 09:54)Netmaster2030 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your reply. I'm powering the box directly from the mains with the adaptor that was supplied with the Amazon box.
You may want to contact Amazon tech support on that one. XBMC/Kodi does not come preloaded on amazon devices sold my Amazon, so either the previous owner installed XBMC, which is what Kodi use to be called or the previous owner bought the box from a third party seller not affiliated with Amazon. Either way, now that you have told the box to factory restore and cant get past the restore screen, I don't think there is much anyone on this forum can do, but I could be wrong.
Thanks JxPX. I'll contact Amazon. If, in the meantime, any one else has come across this issue and knows of a solution please do let me know. Thank you