Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffering issues with playing files from SMB in Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Kodi and SMPC installed on my Mi Box, and stream videos from my computer via SMB sharing. It has been working great for a while, but recently I have been getting some issues in SMPC.

Just browsing through my SMB folders now has a loading time ("Working..") when before it had none. Selecting a video takes a long time to begin playing and then it will stop after a few minutes to attempt to buffer. Sometimes it will continue for a bit after but usually it just stops at that point and throws me back to the file selection screen.

This happens with both SMPC and Kodi.

But, if I use ES File Explorer, browsing through my SMB folders is instant (has no wait time between folders). And more importantly, playing back videos from here works perfectly without any delays or buffering, even if I choose Kodi/SMPC as the player.

I have tried messing with the video cache as described in the wiki, and this has helped the video to play for a few minutes at the beginning, BUT it will still throw me back to the file selection screen after 5-10 minutes, and attempting to play that same video again will just give "Working..." for a few seconds and then do nothing.

I have also tried restarting both the Mi Box and the computer with the SMB shares.

Anyone have any ideas?