Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LiveTV problems with MythTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a few problems with LiveTV and thought I should just mention them in case someone has the knowledge how to fix them.

1. When LiveTV is paused the "Ends at" time is not updated accordingly. It always shows the end time from the EPG.

2. Not possible to skip backward/forward over a program change. Asked the pvr addon developer and he confirmed the problem and said it did work in previous versions of Kodi. Was hoping that it could start working again.

3. Even with rew over a program change there is some problem. Every now and then the current position shows 00:00 when using rew. And when you jump over to the previous program you don't know where you are in the stream. If you haven't looked at the whole show, the current position is counted based on how long that actual recording is and the recording length is based on the length from the EPG.
An example: if the previous show is one hour, and you only have looked for 15 minutes, when rewing back to that show the current position is about 10-12 minutes, depending on where you resumed playback, and the recording length is 01:00:00. The correct current position time would be the recording length(according to the EPG) minus the amount we have rewinded in the program. So the example would show 55-57 minutes instead.

4. A visual representation of the above problem would be nice also, in the OSD. Where you maybe can see the progressbar for the whole show according to the EPG, and then incorporated in that progressbar a smaller one to show how big buffer you have and the position in that buffer.

Compared to how long Kodi have been around I know that the PVR part is young. And maybe the fact that everything in MythTV is a recording, even LiveTV, is making things complicated. But I keep my hope up that even MythTV LiveTV will be handled properly in Kodi.
I've also noticed the behavior. Also, I've not got MythTV plug-in running successfuly in any version of 18 nightly.

Correction: It works in kodi-20161214-dda16e3-master-arm64-v8a.apk, but broken in newer versions.
Mythtv has a fulltime timeshift and the live stream is a chain of recordings. The addon show the stream as one segment. Since Jarvis , seems kodi shows an estimated position taking care of epg data, and thinking the stream length should be the current program length. I don t know why this state, because api has been improved to get timeshift info from the addon, and the addon provides them as awaited.