Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: install android app when image is clicked
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a repository of android apps that are not on the playstore, we would like to code option t click an image of the app and have it installed from our server. On the next click of the image, the a will run since it is now installed. How do I go about doing this?
I'm not exactly sure what you're asking. But this is not a general Android support forum and your question does not seem related to Kodi.
Sorry for not being very clear, I will try to explain better with attached image. The option I'm referring to will be in kodi for android. There are some similarities with the Kobra apk installer addon:
1. user clicks on image of an app within Kodi
2. Apk is downloaded from remote server and installed using the standard android install process
3. after installation is complete, user returns to Kodi and clicks on the same app icon
4. check if com.android.app is present for this app
5. if com.android.app is present, then open the app when click...do not install since it is already installed.

Does this have to be done in python? If so, how would I call it with the <onclick> command?

Thank you