Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Kodi 17 beta 6] No "Play Disc" ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
With Kodi Krypton Beta 6 I've recently switched to Estuary as the new default skin. Previously I was using Confluence.

In Confluence there was a "Play Disc" entry in the menu once a DVD was inserted. In Estuary I can't find the "Play Disc" entry any more. Had to enable "Automatic Playback" in settings in order to watch the DVD.

Was the removal of "Play Disc" intentional, is it a bug or is this just an extra setting I missed. I have no experience with Estuary skin far...

Thanks
Sorry for pushing, but if Estuary is going to be the new default skin for kodi shouldn't it at least support such basic functions as "play disc"? Confluence still has it, so I assumed to find it also in Estuary. Or is this use case so rare?
"play disk" is a sub menu option under video menu item(at least is v1 of the skin).
I am also missing this button. It's not in the main menu and as well not under the video menu. I'm using the Kodi master of a few days ago (less than 7). In case it matters, a DVD is in the drive and can be played by opening the VIDEO_TS folder.
I also double-chcekd there is no play disc sub menu under video when a disc is inserted. Hope this gets fixed in the final release.
I'm thinking it got simply overlooked when revamping Estuary.

There still is a "Play Disc" button appearing at the top in the EstuaryMOD skin (based on Estuary v1) in the Videos section after a DVD is mounted properly.
The Play Disc option still doesn't appear in Beta 7.
Is this by design or was it an oversight?
It should now be in Nightly builds
(2016-12-28, 00:23)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]It should now be in Nightly builds

Thank you!
Thanks for looking into it.

I did just build the current "krypton" branch of Kodi but the button is still not there. Is it only on the master or did I miss something?
It's in Master and I thought it been added to the Krypton branch in the last skin sync from Master, I've just rechecked and you're right it's not in the Krypton branch yet, sorry for the confusion.
Just installed Krypton RC1 and hoped to find the Play Disc button. Still not there Sad

Hope this will be added for the final release. Currently ejecting and re-inserting is the only way to replay a DVD...
(2016-12-30, 19:45)Spirou Wrote: [ -> ]Just installed Krypton RC1 and hoped to find the Play Disc button. Still not there Sad

Hope this will be added for the final release. Currently ejecting and re-inserting is the only way to replay a DVD...

Just pulled the update for skin.estuary from github and installed it as zip file over RC1 of Kodi Krypton. Hurrah! Finally the disc menu is there - appearing right after inserting a disc. With that fixed, there's almost nothing to complain about with latest release.

Thanks!
It should also be in Nightly builds now as a sync has been done to Krypton branch.
And how to hide that "Disk" menu item? I have no DVD player and so don't need that menu item.
Pages: 1 2