Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Move playing file between Kodi instances on Kore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi all

first post here so excuse any oversights (like requesting things that people have already requested :S)

firstly, many many thanks, Kodi and Kore is great and I have managed to get many of my friends to use the software.

Secondly, i have 4 Kodi instances running in my house and wondered if the remote could be somehow made to switch a currently playing video/movie/playlist from one Kodi instance to another that are configured in the settings of Kore?
The idea being someone is watching something in the lounge and wants to continue watching in bed. Select "stop and move" and then select a new Kodi instance to move it to. Options could be available to delay for x mins or just to stop on one and play+pause on the new destination. the remote would then automatically change to the alternative Kodi instance for control.

Many thanks.
Stop in room a. Move to room b . Start, it picks up where you left off.
Doesn't that only work with a shared database which I'm not in the position really to maintain?
Yes I assumed if you have more than one device you would have setup mysql to manage the database.

No maintenance required once setup.

Still your kore idea is good.
There's other remotes that can do that without Mysql Wink
Good idea, try yatse. (Wasn't aware of thet Tolriq!)
(2016-12-13, 23:46)Tolriq Wrote: [ -> ]There's other remotes that can do that without Mysql Wink

Nice to see you back, Tolriq!