Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TVHeadend EPG Not populating
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I have recently setup LibreElec 7.0.2 with TVHeadend with a PCTV 461e DVB-S2 Stick, but I am having issues with the EPG not populating. I get about 57 channels on the EPG after an hour but it fluctuates.

I am using Boutquets for the freesat channels and I have EIT OTA EPG Grabber enabled.

I originally followed this for the setup of the TV, but found I didnt get all the channels and Bouquets was easier. So deleted all the channels from the original setup and setup Bouquets. Could this be the reason, I am not getting a full EPG? Should I start again?

Cheers
I started again and reinstalled LibreElec and followed these instructions:

http://linuxsat-support.com/showthread.p...-For-28-2e

After a bit of time the EPG had populated to 118 channels. I turned the box off, as I went out I have come back in and the EPG is only populating 40 channels. Is there anything I can do to speed up the populating of the EPG?

Cheers
Which version of TVH are you running ?
I'm using version 4.2.
Wouldn't the over-the-air: UK: Freesat grabber be a better option ? EIT is only really any good for now/next as far as I know.
Ok mate, cheers. At the moment in order of priority I have setup:

Opentv (as per tutorial above)
EIT
Freesat
Freeview

Modules enabled. Should I only have one enabled? When I get home ill enable just the freesat module and see how that goes?
If you have priorities set then it should pull in guides based on that priority. IE mine does XMLTV first, then the OTA freesat grabber & the freeview one, then EIT last as a fallback.

Under Configuration -> Channel/EPG are all the EPG sources set correctly for each channel ?
Ah, I am sure they are blank. Do I have to set them?

Sorry first setup of Kodi. Smile
No worries. Smile

Yeah you need to set them otherwise TVH won't know how to associate the guide data with a channel.
Doh!!

Cheers mate. Ill have a look tonight.
You can see in this screenshot (click it for larger version) that there is no grabber defined for channel 7 (Estuary TV, which is a local tv channel) or for channel 39 (the store). All the others are using the XMLTV grabber to grab listings from Sky UK.

The two that are not defined get their listing from the OTA grabber for channel 39 and the EIT grabber for channel 7.

Hi mate,

My EPG Source is blank and it wont let me add anything, there is nothing in the drop down box and whenever I add something it clears it. Any ideas? Sorry mate.
Yeah,under EPG grabber modules try enabling internal XMLTV: UK - TV Guide (tvguide.co.uk) (it's 13 up from the bottom of the list of grabbers). Then click on 'save' and 're-run internal EPG grabbers'. Give it a couple of minutes to process all the stuff and then see if you can add an EPG to a channel.
Sorry mate, I know Im being a pain, but I have got 12 EPG Grabbers and I only have External: XMLTV. Do i need to install XMLTV? Have you got a good guide? I still don't have anything in the EPG Source.
You might have to install XMLTV. To be honest, it's been so long since I originally set mine up that I can't remember !!

For what it's worth, this is a screenshot of what my grabber setup page looks like. Most of the info comes from the grabber circled in red. There are certainly more than 12 !

*Just checked with apt-cache policy xmltv and no, I don't have it installed. FYI, my version is 4.1-2355~g1dd2652~xenial
Pages: 1 2