Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Windows 10 - Kodi 17 beta 5 - Mediaportal 1.5 final - comskip (paid)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was suggesting I ask this question in the video support forum so here goes:

Using Mediaportal PVR to record live tv. Running comskip to create the cut file. In Kodi 13 - 16 this configuration worked flawlessly using comskip's .txt cut file. With 17 (all betas including 5) the player built into Kodi will begin the skip accurately but will either:

a. skip to a random point much later in the recording

or

b. shut the recording down and return to the listing menu.

I have tested both the .txt cut file and the .edl cut file created by comskip and with either the same behavior is observed.
To further test, when playing the same recordings using the same .txt or .edl file the skip is correct in Kodi 16.1

I have posted a debug log here: http://pastebin.com/3YFpsLb2

Any ideas on what I may have misconfigured or perhaps a bug?
I'm having a similar issue with playback using comskip's .txt/.edl files but I am not using Meidaportal PVR. Video will skip ahead at the commercial but WAAAY further than it should. I am using beta 7.
Thought I'd bump this. Has there been any change to this yet? I'll hold off on upgrading from 16 if it's not.
(2017-02-05, 07:20)deepskydiver Wrote: [ -> ]Thought I'd bump this. Has there been any change to this yet? I'll hold off on upgrading from 16 if it's not.

While playing with this, I set comskip to create txt, vdr, and edl files. Now with Kodi 17.0 RC4, commercials are skipped correctly.

Since I am not sure which file Kodi likes, I am having comskip create all three, they are small and I don't want to mess with what is working.
Great - thanks.
Are they automatically skipped, or only on the nextscene / previousscene commands?
(2017-02-07, 07:37)deepskydiver Wrote: [ -> ]Great - thanks.
Are they automatically skipped, or only on the nextscene / previousscene commands?

automatically
How do you stop Kodi from announcing commercial breaks. After adding the very output file , an information window pops up telling me how many minutes are going to be skipped.
It doesn't work well for me with the final version. If I have EDL files it sits at the start of the commercial break playing the video invisibly and inaudibly - for the same period as the commercial break. If I just use txt files it seems mostly to respond to the nextscene command.
If you enable vdr output in comskip the commercials skip flawlessly with no interaction from user. However you get an annoying pop-up that says commercial 7:02, before it skips the commercials.
(2017-02-21, 13:55)buelah Wrote: [ -> ]If you enable vdr output in comskip the commercials skip flawlessly with no interaction from user. However you get an annoying pop-up that says commercial 7:02, before it skips the commercials.

Hmm, that doesn't work for me. The behaviour doesn't seem to be affected by the presence of the vdr file at all. If I only have VDR output nothing happens. What file types are you producing from comskip?
In comskip I have edl, txt, and vdr as output and the commercials skip without freezing. If I just have the edl and text output, then Kodi freezes at every commercial break and I have to hit fast forward for a second . Then it plays the recording after the commercials.