Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nightly build: Master or Krypton?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, why in the download section there are two files? There are Master or Krypton. What do they mean please?
Is it better to install Master or Krypton on a goos Sony TV with Android?
Thanks
I'm not sure what source you're looking at but, as a rule, the code is branched at some point as a "freeze" to give a new version while development continues on the later version. So, "Krypton" is where the code is fixed for v17 and changes to that will only now be around bug fixes, while "master" is the main branch of what will become L*** and later, so you'll get newer features there (and newer bugs while you're at it).
Yeah but at this stage master will usually be flaky as hell as the devs flood the codebase with all their new ideas which were too radical for Krypton. I would go for Krypton.
At some point i updated with a Master nightly instead of the Krypton. Now when i try to update with a Krypton nightly (or try to go back to a 7a Release build) i get a message that i don't have the app installed.

Is there a way to switch back without a new install?

Thanks!