Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HELP! Best Kodi Box for Australian User
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello There, Hoping I can get some help.
I have been in limbo about purchasing my new box to run Kodi on. Below are my requirements.
1. Need to be able to purchase it from Australia
2. Needs to be fast
3. Needs to support 4K
4. Ethanet connected would be best

Thank you in advance. I was looking at Nvidia Shield and Wetek Play 2 but can't seem to buy them in Australia.

Dani LaughWinkCool
Gday, East Coast or West Coast of the big brown land ?

Android box only with all those Android Apps or LibreELEC Kodi ?
Better nVIDIA options are these refurbished Shield's have been turning up virtually brand new with quick Amazon tracked delivery to Oz.
Guys on the Whirlpool forum have been getting them delivered in under a week.
Im in Melbourne Wrxtasy Smile
When they say "refurbished" what does that refer too? hardware?
(2016-12-28, 02:17)Daniella212 Wrote: [ -> ]When they say "refurbished" what does that refer too? hardware?
Usually. It's a unit that was returned as faulty, fixed back to normal. Sometimes there is and was nothing wrong with it in the first place.
And just FYI, most of the "refurbished" Shields that turn up aren't actually refurbished since there was nothing wrong with the device itself. Many just had fault power supplies or bad controllers, some may not have anything wrong with them at all but because they were RMA'd they have to be sold as refurbs. Even if there is a bad power supply or controller Nvidias SOP is to RMA the entire device.

Also, with some of the Pro models, the only thing that may have been wrong is the SHDD, since there were some early models that had bad SHDD firmware (that was on Seagate).
Whatever (if anything) was wrong with it, it is all checked as working just the same as one straight out of the factory.
Do you still get warranty with refurbished?
(2016-12-29, 02:22)Daniella212 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you still get warranty with refurbished?
Yes, usually (you'd need to check), but you'd need to take into account having to return it overseas if you bought from an overseas online source. You can't just take it back to the shop.

(Also, consider that countries like the US have different electricity plugs and voltage)