Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton on Kitkat
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Really sucks that Krypton won't work on Android Kitkat. Confused There are loads of Android boxes & Older phones out there which could do with awesome new features in Kyrpton.

So I will be attempting to try to build it for Kitkat, and see what happens. Rofl

Im no expert in NDK, but I've done my share of tinkering and I'm hoping that helps.

Anyone else would like to contribute to this, it would be very helpful. Cool

Just cloned and kept here: https://github.com/Ashdin/xbmc
Do you also plan to port Android Lollipop Mediacodec to KitKat?
KitKat i just too old and don't contain the correct framework to run Kodi Krypton.
Kodi Krypton's Mediacodec code is based on newer NDK's so it will probably not even compile on older NDK's.
Thanks for that. Added to my list of items to research on.
Therefore it's not possible to get it work on kitkat...
Well, *building* it should be doable, but be aware that the amlcodec for the Amlogic android boxes is deprecated, so no idea whether that will still work (hint: probably not) and that those 4.4 boxes had only shaky support for MediaCodec.

Interesting project if you want to get into the wonderful world of Kodi development, though Wink
Thanks for the info. Well there's only one way to find out...
no need for Krypton, indeed, of any of the other Kodi/XBMC versions.

There are scores of other Android apps, equal, if not better , with no fussy restrictions.
These restrictions are only aimed to support certain manufacturers.
(2017-03-08, 23:17)pawlu Wrote: [ -> ]no need for Krypton, indeed, of any of the other Kodi/XBMC versions.

There are scores of other Android apps, equal, if not better , with no fussy restrictions.
These restrictions are only aimed to support certain manufacturers.

Your incorrect and misinformed comment is also off-topic to this conversation.