Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I want delete an icon on video page of Kodi. help!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Can you plug in a keyboard? Use the C button for context menu.
Or install Kore, Kodi's official remote app, on your phone/tablet then use the menu button (the one in the upper left hand corner next to the direction buttons).

(2016-12-18, 19:45)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a Menu or Guide button on your remote, have you tried those if so? try both short presses and long presses.

Sorry but if I press the Menu on remote then it shows the Menu of the TV. If I click on Guide it show the Guide of TV. It seems incredibile is so hard to delete that icon. Can I ask a question? If I unsitall Kodi and I install it again, could then "g" icon disappear?
(2016-12-18, 22:00)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Or install Kore, Kodi's official remote app, on your phone/tablet then use the menu button (the one in the upper left hand corner next to the direction buttons).

If I am not able do delete that icon unistalling and installng Kodi again, I will use Kore. But before I need know better what can I do.
On an external box it's normally very easy to the context menu however I've no idea of the button mappings on TV's, perhaps ask other users on http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=281265&page=4
No the icon will not go away because kodis settings remain in place.

Do you not have a simple USB keyboard?
(2016-12-18, 23:48)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Do you not have a simple USB keyboard?

Yes I have a USB keyboard. What have I to do with it precisely? How can I use it?
(2016-12-18, 23:57)FoxADRIANO Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-18, 23:48)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]Do you not have a simple USB keyboard?

Yes I have a USB keyboard. What have I to do with it precisely? How can I use it?

Take the wireless USB dongle and plug it into the USB port on your TV, then use your keyboard as directed.
(2016-12-19, 00:04)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Take the wireless USB dongle and plug it into the USB port on your TV, then use your keyboard as directed.

As directed .... what, how and where? Please, tell me if I can press CANC on the keyboard to delete that icon. I think it is impossible to delete it with a keyboard too. Without mouse how can I surf in the Medu of Kodi?
Go to where you see "G", press "C" on the keyboard, that will pull of the Context menu, then select "Remove source".

EDT: By the way, I think I see what you're doing and why you may not be able to get it to work. You need to go to Videos, then under Categories select FIles. Select "G" and press the "C" button on the keyboard. Then you should see "Remove source".

You can't do this from the main menu.
WONDERFULLLL, thanks thanks thanks. With your advices I was abled to delete that "g" icon. A last question please: Is is possible to delete or to hide "Playlist" icon? Look here please:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zfoj7nnp45vo6e...t.jpg?dl=0
Maybe do I have to go into MENU? But I have just gone there but I did not see that entry.
No I don't think you can remove that without changing the skin files, which I REALLY don't recommend.
Friends, a last question please:
in my Kodi page beside titles of my videos there is a large space with a folder on the left.
Look:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ug3tzgmw2hz5x7...0.jpg?dl=0
Is it possibile to hide or dwindle or delete that vertical space (with dark blue color)?
Thanks again one.
(2016-12-19, 11:48)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]No, not without editing the skin. Also, you seem to be using "Videos" quite a bit.

Do you mean I have to change that skin or do I have to edit that skin? Anyway with Kodi I watch ONLY my videos edited by myself. I don't watch other films.

(2016-12-19, 11:48)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]Have you not scanned your media into the library? You do know there are different views besides just the list view, most of which will be available once you scan you media into the library.

No, sorry I don't like to scan my hard drive with Kodi because I have other folders with many other videos but they are backup videos. I need to show the videos that are inside one folder only.
I need to hide or dwindle or delete that vertical space on the left (with dark blue color). I don't understand if it is possible. How can I do please?
(2016-12-19, 12:15)FoxADRIANO Wrote: [ -> ]No, sorry I don't like to scan my hard drive with Kodi because I have other folders with many other videos but they are backup videos. I need to show the videos that are inside one folder only.
I need to hide or dwindle or delete that vertical space on the left (with dark blue color). I don't understand if it is possible. How can I do please?

Then only scan the folders that you want to add to the library. You do NOT have to scan the entire drive, you can pick which folders you add.

And again, NO, you can change the "vertical space". You would have to make modifications to the skin, that means physically changing the skins code. But currently you are just basically using Kodi as a file browser, when if you scanned your videos to the library you would see something like this

Or use any other number of views. I would suggest that you read through the Kodi Wiki, starting with First time user (wiki) so that you can learn exactly how to use Kodi.
Pages: 1 2