Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Buffer / Advancedsettings.xml / Play network-video without reloading
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I have a playlist playing currently only one video.
The source is a "smb://" network source.

The video buffer cleares each time the same video starts playing.
I already set the following settings in the advancedsettings.xml (.kodi/userdata/)

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<network>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<cachemembuffersize>0</cachemembuffersize>
<readbufferfactor>3.0</readbufferfactor>
</network>
<cache>
<memorysize>0</memorysize>
<buffermode>1</buffermode>
<readfactor>4.0</readfactor>
</cache>
</advancedsettings>

(I have it once in <cache> and once in <network> b/c I wasn't sure which one is correct)

I want the video to buffer on SD-Card and repeat the playlist. If there is enough space on the sd-card if should NOT reload everything from the network source.

So is there any hint on how to accomplish the task?
http://kodi.wiki/view/HOW-TO:Modify_the_video_cache

Quote: Value: 0 - we can use the local disk memory (typically your hard drive), which will not put any limit on the size (outside of the size of your drive). This also allows devices with low RAM, such as the Raspberry Pi, to cache more than they normally would due to the small amount of RAM they have. The cache is deleted from the local disk whenever playback is stopped. Note: This will likely cause increased wear-and-tear on your drive.
Quote:The cache is deleted from the local disk whenever playback is stopped.
I did not stop it, it repeats the playlist all the time, even when I put the same file in the playlist several times it is still reloading the source file from the network.

Is there a way to let kodi use the file in the cache, instead of getting a new (same) one?
If it is just related to "stopping" the playback on one file, how to NOT delete the cache after playing one file?