Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Recording with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been doing daily updates of the source from SVN on my desktop to see how XBMC is progressing as it was great for me on the X-Box. There are two reasons for me wanting to move to a PC as opposed to the X-Box for XBMC. Firstly, I wanted HD support which appears to be very good now as long as the system specs are sufficient. The second is some sort of TV recording ability. I have tried out MythTV and it looks great. I have also read somewhere that there is a python script for a frontend MythTV system that will work with XBMC. However, I would really like to stick to XBMC though as opposed to switching between 2 apps depending on what I want to do. Is there currently anything available for XBMC or plans to integrate something for TV recording?
No - if anything is ever done, it will likely be using an existing backend (such as mythtv).

This is unlikely to be done anytime soon by the official developers, but it does represent an ideal opportunity for a new developer to get stuck in though.

From what I've read from developers.. they wont be reinventing the wheel but adopt an existing solution. Although, if none are interested in live tv and recording then this will not be added.
I have a Philips DVD HDD recorder, would the Minix XBMC box be able to connect from the HDMI output on the Minix to the scart input on the recorder and let me record any program? I don't have a connector yet but I am working on it, will let you know if it works.
congratz on bumping an >6 year old thread!
Saved me starting a new one (;-)