Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: bug fix youtube addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hey there, the youtube addon for kodi is very bad. it is not maintained correctly. often it doesn't work. you should change it. sometime there are bugs and they are gross. the youtube website give me the original recommendations but the youtube kodi app can't give me the original recommended videos, moreover there is no autoplay. which is suck.
and i want kodi to use youtube's api for their applicaiton, so we won't have to use the mobile's remote apps to share the videos to kodi. rather we could use the youtube mobile app's pair with a tv. so we can cast from youtube app to kodi. it would be much better. so pls update these things in the youtube addon in kodi.
Moving to the Video Addons section, which hosts conversation about YouTube - where the post is likely to get the care and attention it deserves...
isn't this video addon section?
It is now, yes... you posted in Windows, when your comments aren't OS-specific.
hey there, the youtube addon for kodi is very bad. it is not maintained correctly. often it doesn't work. you should change it. sometime there are bugs and they are gross. the youtube website give me the original recommendations but the youtube kodi app can't give me the original recommended videos, moreover there is no autoplay. which is suck.
and i want kodi to use youtube's api for their applicaiton, so we won't have to use the mobile's remote apps to share the videos to kodi. rather we could use the youtube mobile app's pair with a tv. so we can cast from youtube app to kodi. it would be much better. so pls update these things in the youtube addon in kodi.
The YouTube addon is created and maintained by third parties. It has its own thread. It does use the api. However the authors may not just change somthing just to satisfy your sense of entitlement.

You can cast YouTube videos from android easily with kore or yatse.
Please do not continually post the exact same thing, if you've got issues with the YouTube addon then post the support thread for YouTube, but please be more more courteous about the efforts of volunteer devs.