Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multi-Mod addition for the MQ 7 Krypton Mod
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thank you for fixing the "LOGO AS TITLE (ON TOP IF AVAILABLE)" issue and the discart issue on right list view. It works fine now and movie title is shown correct on the movie info screen.

But there are still some bugs or issues with that mod:

1. Studio Icons are not shown
The studio icons are not shown or he shows the same icon on all movies.
It seems it is a similar bug like the discart issue. Because it was the same problem that he had shown nothing or the same on every movie. Maybe you can fix that the same way.

2. Audio and Subtitle Flags as Text not working
The Audio and Subtitle Flags as Text is not working. When i set it to text he shows nothing on the movie info screen. When i set it to logo he shows the language flags but it looks not good on the bottom media bar. I prefer to use the text version but thats not working. Maybe you can take a look inside.

3. No Menu Line on the Kodi Main Menu
There is no Menu Line on the Main Screen like in the original version of MQ7. The main menu screen looks bad and boring without these design line. Is it hidden somewhere to activate it?

4. No IMDB Top250 Icons
On the bottom media bar he shows no IMDB Top250 Icons. Is it a bug or a feature? I always had these icons on MQ6.

Iam running my Kodi setup on a android box. Still the fastest android box on market at the moment. But this skins runs very laggy. Is this a general issue? What can i do to make it run faster / smoother?
@"OrbS82User"

You're welcome!

I'll take a look at those when I have time. For #3, are you talking about the main menu bar? You should be able to select all the available menu bars. I posted an update for the menu bar selector some time back.

Hmm...I'm running MQ 7 on my Fire TV with no detectable lag.
(2018-08-10, 15:00)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]I'll take a look at those when I have time.
Thank you!

(2018-08-10, 15:00)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]For #3, are you talking about the main menu bar? You should be able to select all the available menu bars. I posted an update for the menu bar selector some time back.
Iam using the mod version from page 1 and your last update. That should include these fixes or? But i cant select a menu bar.

But i will try out to edit the settings.xml like you said in update 48.

EDIT: I made these changes and he shows a menu bar in vertical mode. But not in horizontal mode. And iam only using horizontal mode.
I tried to put in the code <setting id="myverticalmenubar" type="string">mq7menubarhorizontal</setting> but it dont works. So what i need to do to see the menu bar in horizontal mode?

I also found an entry <setting id="mymenubar" type="string"> and tried "on" and "true" but the menu bar dont appears.
@"OrbS82User"

Try this for the horizontal menu bar...
Code:
<setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting>

and this for the vertical menu bar...
Code:
<setting id="myverticalmenubar" type="string">mq7menubarvertical</setting>
(2018-08-12, 04:21)latts9923 Wrote: [ -> ]@"OrbS82User"

Try this for the horizontal menu bar...
Code:
<setting id="mymenubar" type="string">mq7menubar</setting>
 That worked. Thank you!
I got another question. I have a total of 4 smartplaylists. But only 2 of them are visible in my widget overview.
But not the one i need. Any idea how i can add the other 2 to my widget list?

EDIT: I fixed that myself. I had to create a main menu entry with that smartplaylists. And now I can choose this in my widget menu. 

One last question:

I prefer to use 8 widget items instead of 12 items that use the full horizontal screen. In MQ6 the 8 items variant was centered to the screen. But in MQ7 its aligned left. That looks bad. So is there any way to change that in the code so my 8 widget items are centered? 

That would be so great. But I have no idea in which file I could look.
@"OrbS82User"

Good deal...you're welcome!

I never changed the number of widgets, so I never noticed that before. Open the file IncludesMenuWidgets and find...
Code:
<include name="panel_layout4">
<left>45</left>
<top>514</top>
<width>608</width>
<height>300</height>
</include>

Change left to 657. Below that is "panel_layout8". Change left on that one to 353. That should do it.

It does look better centered. I'll make that part of the next update.
latts9923 Wrote:Change left to 657. Below that is "panel_layout8". Change left on that one to 353. That should do it.
Thank you very much for your time. Now it looks perfect! Iam happy with it.

Maybe 10-15px more space between the covers would look better. But its ok for now.

latts9923 Wrote:It does look better centered. I'll make that part of the next update.
Thats good!
Hello again Smile

Like i told you this skin runs very laggy on my fast box. So yesterday i played around with the options and settings. And after a couple of hours i found out what this issue causes.

Its the setting "Original Size in RSS, Date, Weather and Library" which can be found in the "Options Menu" of the skin settings. When i set this to ON then the skin runs slow and laggy. I dont know why... But when i set this to OFF it runs much faster and smoother.

But when i disable this function then some font types are very big and i dont know where i could change this in the source code.

The first one is on the right list view - the "active item" font.

On the Screenshot it looks ok. But on a TV screen its very big.

The second one that looks bad now is the plot on the movie info screen:

When i could change these 2 font sizes all would be fine now.

btw: On the second screenshot you can see that he dont shows any subtitle or language like i told you in post #1966
@"OrbS82User"

I've tried enabling and disabling all the "ORIGINAL SIZE" options on my Fire TV but I can't see any difference in performance. I'm not sure why that setting would cause any lag on your system.

For the views font size, that is controlled farther down the OPTIONS MENU with the "ORIGINAL FONT IN VIEWS" radio button.

On your second screenshot, you are showing the language and subtitle as text. If you change the Top Menu setting "AUDIO AND SUBTITLE FLAGS" to "LOGO" it will display the flags.
@latts9923:

Thank you for your answer.
latts9923 Wrote:For the views font size, that is controlled farther down the OPTIONS MENU with the "ORIGINAL FONT IN VIEWS" radio button.
I set it to ON and it works for the right list view. The active item font is the same size like all other entries now.
But its not working for the movie info screen. That means the font size of the plot text is still very big like you can see on the screenshot below.

latts9923 Wrote:On your second screenshot, you are showing the language and subtitle as text. If you change the Top Menu setting "AUDIO AND SUBTITLE FLAGS" to "LOGO" it will display the flags.
Yes, i know. When i set it to logo he shows the flags on the movie info screen. It looks ok. But the problem is that he also shows the flags on the media bar at the bottom of the screen. And there is something like a code issue. He is overlapping some icons. And that looks bad like i told you in my first post. Thats the reason why i prefer the text version. But this is not working at the moment.

See yourself:

These are only 2 examples. It looks bad on every movie. The same issue appears on the movie info screen at the bottom.

And btw: Like you can see he shows the MPAA icon as white version. But i set it to "colored". Maybe the german mpaa logos are not included as colored version?

latts9923 Wrote:I've tried enabling and disabling all the "ORIGINAL SIZE" options on my Fire TV but I can't see any difference in performance. I'm not sure why that setting would cause any lag on your system.
Yes, i also dont know why this setting is causing a big lag but you can believe me. Its there.
But i can live with that. No need to investigate further. I let this feature OFF and its running fine. But i still need to change the size of the plot text.
(2018-08-15, 04:10)OrbS82User Wrote: [ -> ]nd btw: Like you can see he shows the MPAA icon as white version. But i set it to "colored". Maybe the german mpaa logos are not included as colored version?

Everything is included in colored version. It's only question of right setup and settings. 
So it should at least look like in the settings:
MPAA DETAILED ICON COLOR -> COLORED
MPAA ICON -> REGULAR

...does not look very nice, but works.
____

But on the setting i've always on:
MPAA ICON -> DETAILLED
...the german FSK and also british BBFC are not working in DETAILLED MODE on my side

No success with editing some in the IncludeVariables.xml (it was logical why afterwards)
No success with editing some kinda fallback from DETAILLED MODE Logos (coloured) to normal REGULAR MODE (coloured) in the DialogVideoInfo.xml with setting DETAILLED MODE on.

But, following fix working guaranteed on Local Information Only Scraper, any other scraper no plan:
The mpaa flags content (bottom left) for FSK worked on my side only with for e.g "FSK 6" and not "FSK-6"
But then the logo's do not work in detailled mode, because there they are listening to "FSK-6" (same reversed),
and then also a problem the aspectratio settings in DialogVideoInfo.xml set to "stretched" -> not looking very nice.

Workaround is to rename the FSK logos in the Textures.xbt in the mpaa_2 folder in the flags folder from "FSK-6" to "FSK 6" and also replaced the .png's with ones with the aspect ratio 306x80 (see DialogVideoInfo.xml) and fit the edited the logo in the middle of it. Now FSK logos are in detailled mode just is it should.

(In addition, I have renamed the Movie MPAA Detailled Logos, the original brown backgrounded with the clear backgrounded wich maybe look a little better and are also the same in the TVShow MPAA's. Now the MPAA views in TV shows and movies are the same. (Mov: NR,G, PG, PG-13, R, NC-17; TV: TV-G,TV-Y7,TV-PG,TV-14,TV-M))
____
The british BBFC Detailled Logos are still broken, cause in contrast to the normal rating logos wich have variables in the IncludeVariables.xml, the dettailled Logos are accessed directly via filename.
The only way i got shown the normal BBFC logos were to use "UK:U, UK:6, UK:12,..." but we all know in filesystem ":" naming is not possible.

For a noob myself, at all it's a bit confusing that for 1 rating tag it's looking for 4 different logos (standard black/white, standard coloured, detailled black/white, detailled coloured)
____
Since a film collection is mostly international and most hollywood stuff, you get the best results if you prefer the intanational English rating MPAA, and only take other ratings if there is no MPAA, or for e.g. FSK only preferred in media from the German area and BBFC in British area.
____

Uploaded for testing the recent version of Latt's textures.xbt with FSK and MPAA edits only for COLORED and DETAILLED mode (mpaa_2) for some days:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gnO_7UE...sp=sharing
(2018-08-16, 04:11)chrissix Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-08-15, 04:10)OrbS82User Wrote: [ -> ]nd btw: Like you can see he shows the MPAA icon as white version. But i set it to "colored". Maybe the german mpaa logos are not included as colored version?
So it should at least look like in the settings:
MPAA ICON -> REGULAR  
Hey Chris, thanks for your answer.
Yes, i set it to colored and regular but he only shows the white logos. When i set it to colored and detailed then he shows nothing.

I've downloaded your xbt file and tested it but nothing changed. Still the same issue.

I could easily fix this myself. I would switch the white logos with the colored ones inside the textures.xbt and all is fine. But the problem is that the Kodi Texture Tool is not working anymore. Decompiling works but compiling brings only a 0kb file out. I see that you got the same problem with the tool.
(2018-08-15, 04:10)OrbS82User Wrote: [ -> ]
latts9923 Wrote:For the views font size, that is controlled farther down the OPTIONS MENU with the "ORIGINAL FONT IN VIEWS" radio button.
I set it to ON and it works for the right list view. The active item font is the same size like all other entries now.
But its not working for the movie info screen. That means the font size of the plot text is still very big like you can see on the screenshot below. 
 I fixed that with the big plot font.
In the file "DialogVideoInfo.xml" i found the section "<!-- Plot movies -->" with several identical lines of code. I dont know why but when i change the first font tag nothing changed. But when i change the second one from "<font>Font_plot_big</font>" to "<font>Font_plot</font>" it looks ok now.

But the issue with the missing studio logos, missing subtitle and language as text and colored fsk logos are still there. Sad

Why so many bugs?
(2018-08-15, 04:10)OrbS82User Wrote: [ -> ]@latts9923:

The plot font size in the movie info is controlled by the setting "ORIGINAL SIZE IN RSS, DATE, WEATHER AND LIBRARY".

(2018-08-15, 04:10)OrbS82User Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, i know. When i set it to logo he shows the flags on the movie info screen. It looks ok. But the problem is that he also shows the flags on the media bar at the bottom of the screen. And there is something like a code issue. He is overlapping some icons. And that looks bad like i told you in my first post. Thats the reason why i prefer the text version. But this is not working at the moment.
This problem has popped up before, but I was never able to reproduce it...until now. If you have the skin default media flags selected and you have the "AUDIO AND SUBTITLE FLAGS" set to "TEXT" it displays correctly. When you change that setting to "LOGO" it shifts to the left and overlaps the icon next to it. If you enable the colored media flags it will then right itself and show correctly if you close KODI and restart. I will look into this and see if I can fix the problem.