Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Help with pi2 running openelec and dlna with wifi dongle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone as tje topic says im runin openelec on my pi2 but i cannot seem to get the dlna to work with my wifi dongle if someone can help me with this please i can also confirm that dlna does work with the lan cable connected its just the wifi dongle that im having problems with thanks in advance.
Firstly I'd update to LibreELEC, OpenELEC is basically a dead project.

Does the Pi connect to the network with the WIFI dongle?
(2016-12-20, 15:11)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly I'd update to LibreELEC, OpenELEC is basically a dead project.

Yh it connects to the network with the wifi dongle
This could be a router problem - some can provide wifi isolation from the local LAN.
Alternatively, the router could just not be passing the DLNA info on.
First level sanity check is to see if you can ping (via the wifi connection) other local machines.
(2016-12-20, 22:29)djwayne1985 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-20, 15:11)speedwell68 Wrote: [ -> ]Firstly I'd update to LibreELEC, OpenELEC is basically a dead project.

Yh it connects to the network with the wifi dongle

Ok.

Does it have the same IP address on WIFI that it does when connected with a cable?
you will get a different IP if you have a DHCP running (network cards have a different MAC address and are thus treated as different devices by DHCPs) unless you defined a static IP in the OE/LE settings. But the IP shouldn't matter as UPNP devices are auto-detected
(2016-12-21, 11:38)da-anda Wrote: [ -> ]you will get a different IP if you have a DHCP running (network cards have a different MAC address and are thus treated as different devices by DHCPs) unless you defined a static IP in the OE/LE settings. But the IP shouldn't matter as UPNP devices are auto-detected

Kk i will have another go to see if i can get it to work with a static ip address