Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Way to add fanart to separate videos in same folder?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a fanart folder I can place somewhere, or can I rename the fanart files to make them show up for specific videos, even when they're in the same folder? I already know placing videos in their own folders works.

FOLDER
video1.mp4
video2.mp4
video3.mp4

Something like a FANART folder with video1.jpg, or fanart.video1.jpg?
Kinda yes and no at the same time... some skins support a folder called 'extrafanart' or/and 'extrathumbs', you have to turn it on in skin settings and make allowance for them in your advanced settings to preclude the scraper from entering. Artwork Downloader can take advantage of this feature and auto create the folders and populate them with art, to a preset limit. Check my sig for skin features.

The issues are that movies must be in a folder of the same name, so if you have multiple movies in one folder.... you will only get one 'extrafanart' folder. I've all ways found that if you have a movie set, call the set; Batman or whatever and place all the batman movie folders inside, then you can have full control over the art shown for an individual movie. If you feel satisfied with only one fanart per movie is good, use the name 'Batman goes to Bed-fanart.avi' for the movie Batman goes to Bed, should allow a custom fanart for each listing. As a side note, having a huge amount of artwork places an undo load on Kodi video cache, and you'll find scrolling will take it's toll on the video.

Scraping movie folders within a folder is another issue, but in the main a local refresh is all that's needed. The advanced setting code below precludes the scraper from entering those new folders.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<video>
<excludefromscan>
<regexp>[-\._ ](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting><!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-._ \\/](extrafanart|trailer|extrathumbs)[-._ \\/]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
</video>
</advancedsettings>
Got it, mostly. Thank you.