Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changes with Kodi 18 for ListItem.Duration ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There is changes in Kodi 18 for duration ?

With $INFO[ListItem.Duration,, min]

Before -> 41 min

Now -> 40:39 min
yup, duration has been changed from a value in minutes to a hh:mm:ss string format.

it's currently being discussed if we could/should provide some additional formatting options for skinners.
so it may change again in the (near) future.
I doesn't like this format :/
More choice would be good.
-1 for replacing the "old" duration label.
This new format requires more space in the width and could cause some problems with existing variables and conditions in existing skins.

+1 for adding additional formatting oprtions.
I'd like to keep ListItem.Duration as it is but add ListItem.Runtime(hh:mm:ss) formatting options.
Please note that listitem.duration for all other content except video file content (live tv, pvr recordings, music, ...) ever since had the hh:mmConfuseds format. Now things are at least consistent. ;-)

What I want to say is, whatever comes out of this discussion, make it consistent across all type of content.
(2016-12-21, 17:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to keep ListItem.Duration as it is but add ListItem.Runtime(hh:mmConfuseds) formatting options.

Keeping it would mean to keep inconsistency for different content types. See my other post for details, please.
It's up to you guys. I don't care about the default output format, but we need the formatting options Smile The duration of videos are usually displayed only in minutes (even in cinemas, bluray cases, etc).

+1 for something like this
ListItem.Duration -> HH:MM
ListItem.Duration(minutes) --> minutes

edit:
This also would be great
ListItem.Duration(long) --> 1 hour 23 minutes
And I give it a +1 please don't change back
A big fat +1 for formatting options. That would save me a lot of code.

Like sualfred writes, the new format will take up more space and break some layouts.
(2016-12-21, 17:38)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to keep ListItem.Duration as it is but add ListItem.Runtime(hh:mmConfuseds) formatting options.

+100
Have two different way is the best option: I mean the "default" one and the customizable one.

For example, for a movie long 92 minutes, I like a customization with this format: 1h32
I recently have to deal with the %s.duration labels again.

Whats' working in Krypton:

- Player.Duration -> hh : mm : ss
- Player.Duration(format) -> h, hh, mm, ss
- ListItem.Duration -> mmm
- VideoPlayer.Duration -> hh : mm : ss
- MusicPlayer.Duration -> hh : mm : ss

My suggestion for the changes:
- Player.Duration(format) -> h, hh, m, mm, mmm, s, ss
- ListItem.Duration -> hh : mm : ss
- ListItem.Duration(format) -> h, hh, m, mm, mmm, s, ss
- VideoPlayer.Duration -> not required
- MusicPlayer.Duration - not required
(2017-01-04, 17:25)sualfred Wrote: [ -> ]My suggestion for the changes:
- Player.Duration(format) -> h, hh, m, mm, mmm, s, ss
- ListItem.Duration -> hh : mm : ss
- ListItem.Duration(format) -> h, hh, m, mm, mmm, s, ss
- VideoPlayer.Duration -> not required
- MusicPlayer.Duration - not required

+1 to this!
Just as a heads up, we want to have listitem.duration customisable in the same way as player.duration etc and with the possibility to display it in minutes again. Unfortunately it is not as easy as it sounds and requires some refactoring in our infomanager code. It will take some time, but in the end it should provide more options as before.
Sorry for going offtopic, but is kodi 18 the last version?
Pages: 1 2 3