Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: PVR manager is starting message
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Kodi. I installed Krypton 17.0 on Windows 10 (also note that it is dual boot with 8.1)and most of it seems to be working. But, my purpose was to use over the air broadcast for watching TV. I have 4 tuners that are working with Media Center(windows8.1) and WinTV on windows 10. Trying to get Kodi Krypton to work on the Windows 10 side of the dual boot.
When I click on the TV choice I see "Pvr manager is starting up (0 %)" and it never changes. I do not know what to do next.

I should note that I installed it as an App from the Windows store and I do not see it listed under Program files like I did with Jarvis on first attempt. It does not show up under Add Remove Programs either.
Try Kodi from the link top left corner instead of the store, there have been a few anomalies reported and given your hardware requirements, coding paths might be the issue here.
Thanks, I deleted the APP and downloaded from Kodi the Krypton ver17
It came up just fine. But, I guess I do not understand the steps. When I click on TV it says I have no Addons. and when I try to add Addons I never get it to run? I am not sure which is the best addon for broadcast. TV. I tried Argus, Media Portal and WMC but I never get a run light -- I set the config to default. Do I need to do a step before trying to add addon?
http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/watch-live-...i-nextpvr/ is the site I went to, to fix the problem. It works now but the channels are number 1-31 instead of the digital numbers like 2.1, 11.3 etc.
I used Nextpvr addon after the download from nextpvr.com ---- If I bring up the Nextpvr as a standalone the channels are correct?

I also, made the mistake of enabling Titan (skin) and did not like it so I tried to disable or uninstall it but it would not give me that option. I sort of solved that by clicking on 'Use' on the Estuary addon.

I would still like to disable the Titan if anyone knows how to do that.
There is an option under Settings -> Live TV to "Always use backend channel numbers"
http://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/Live_TV_v16

To switch back from the skin Titan select "Use" on the skin Estuary.
Thanks, that took care of that issue. The channel numbers are now correct. Still would like to disable Titan as I get a flash from it before the Kodi screen with the Kodi level..

Next problem: perhaps you have an answer. I loaded my videos in to Kodi and most work fine. But, the ones that are Mpeg2 do not have sound. They work fine on the computer but not in Kodi. I am pretty sure this is a decoder issue. Is there a setting in Kodi or do I need to add an Addon for this and if so can you recommend one.

I am using Krypton v17.0