Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Custom Splash Intro Video (Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, so what I want to do is basically add my own custom intro video to replace the standard Kodi splash that loads up every time I boot up Kodi. What I'm already doing currently is using party mode in conjunction with adding a line of code in advancedsettings.xml but all that does is remove the Kodi splash screen, loads up Kodi, then after a second delay will play the video and then go back to Kodi. What I want is for the video to load up before Kodi even starts, if that makes any sense :/ Can anyone help, using the latest nightly of Krypton with the default Estuary skin btw.

Sent from my iPhone
You can add a start up animation by modifying the skin that you're using.

Add the intro video to the Extra folder (extra/intro.mp4) then modify the Startup.xml.

That will replace the Splash with your animated video.

You can look at another skin which already does this, like Aeon Nox, for reference.
I'm using total commander on my android tv STB (nexus player) (with show hidden files checked) and can't seem to find Startup.xml or the Extra folders, I went into the estuary skin folder and only saw a file called settings.xml

Sent from my iPhone
(2016-12-22, 20:09)Tinwarble Wrote: [ -> ]You can add a start up animation by modifying the skin that you're using.

Add the intro video to the Extra folder (extra/intro.mp4) then modify the Startup.xml.

That will replace the Splash with your animated video.

You can look at another skin which already does this, like Aeon Nox, for reference.

Tinwarble, I'm also looking to do this, saw this old post...can you provide just a wee bit more details on how this can be accomplished? Not a seasoned editor of skins so be gentle...