Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I configure Kodi on MacBook & Transfer it to FirestickTV?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there a way (or direct me to any instructions) on how I could more easily use my MacBook to configure Kodi the way I like it and then transfer all of that to the Kodi I have on a Firestick?

I know how to configure Kodi on the MacBook and use BACKUP to save the config, but I do not seem to understand how I can then take that and get it over to the Firestick? I can't plug the Firestick into the MacBook so I'll need to move it some other way. I could get the BackUp moved over to my HTPC MacMini, but then I run into the issue of I can't seem to get the Firestick to see any of the files on the Desktop.

Any advice?
Backup to a network source such as a shared directory then restore the Firestick install of Kodi from there.
Thanks Dangelus, but I can't seem to be able to get the Firestick to "see" the same file/folder as the System (MacMini). I've tried opening up the Shared settings,etc. but to no avail. Do you know of any good step-by-step instructions for telling/directing Kodi Firestick to see desktop (or anywhere) Folders?

Thanks again