Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(2017-01-22, 11:12)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice layout but being colourblind the non-focused labels are hard to see against the background.

that's true.
True!!!
(2017-01-22, 11:12)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Nice layout but being colourblind the non-focused labels are hard to see against the background.

I'll put a colourblind option in. I'm colourblind, too, but seem to have lucked out in this case.
Deuteranopia here.
Hi djh_ please, don't forget to add Music Videos support. Thanks Big Grin
I'm not planning to add Music Videos support. Something for a mod, that one.
(2017-01-20, 03:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]That colour matching look really nice!

I wonder if you should colour match the actual list especially seeing as the other window assets like the letter strip and clock and item count match.

To my eyes it looks a little off when the background is a warm colour (like the brown on the Madonna one) but the list retains a cool grey colour -- maybe a slight transparency to the list so that the background colour can come through a little?

Just a suggestion considering the high attention to detail that is going into this! Smile

Fair play, it started bugging me as well!

It does revert to opaque when nothing's playing, though.

djh_ any plans for homescreen widget support?

I like that you're keeping things very simple, I personally don't use any clearart, discart or any extras like that and stick to posters and fanart only. But I find the next episodes widget highly useful when I fire up kodi and see all the tv shows I'm actively watching and select the next episode right there on the homescreen.
(2017-01-23, 02:11)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]Fair play, it started bugging me as well!

Nice work. Yeah it just needs the slightest tinge of the colour so that the difference between warm and cool colours is not so jarring.

Although if you wanted the list to stay opaque the whole time, could you not just apply a colordiffuse to the list background with a variable instead of a fade animation? Or does colordiffuse on the textures make the colour come through too strong?
(2017-01-23, 02:11)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-20, 03:38)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]That colour matching look really nice!

I wonder if you should colour match the actual list especially seeing as the other window assets like the letter strip and clock and item count match.

To my eyes it looks a little off when the background is a warm colour (like the brown on the Madonna one) but the list retains a cool grey colour -- maybe a slight transparency to the list so that the background colour can come through a little?

Just a suggestion considering the high attention to detail that is going into this! Smile

Fair play, it started bugging me as well!

Hello, will there be the option to add the cover of classic games? If it is possible, I would like to suggest adding the option of custom cover ratio, this I say so that all the games of a console of a single size remain and that the image if it is another size is within the measures of that cover . It would be very interesting, since the interface we have the gamer are pretty little cute, and his work is beautiful.
(2017-01-23, 03:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice work. Yeah it just needs the slightest tinge of the colour so that the difference between warm and cool colours is not so jarring.

Although if you wanted the list to stay opaque the whole time, could you not just apply a colordiffuse to the list background with a variable instead of a fade animation? Or does colordiffuse on the textures make the colour come through too strong?

I don't want it to stay opaque the whole time. That brutalist grey look that comes from using a slight noise texture on the list doesn't really transfer to other colours, whereas the fade to 50% opacity (I'll probably have a slider for that) looks nice when starting and stopping music.
Fair point. I can imagine that the fade animation will make for a nice subtle effect Nod
(2017-01-23, 11:08)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-23, 03:12)jurialmunkey Wrote: [ -> ]

I don't want it to stay opaque the whole time. That brutalist grey look that comes from using a slight noise texture on the list doesn't really transfer to other colours, whereas the fade to 50% opacity (I'll probably have a slider for that) looks nice when starting and stopping music.

¿Game classic?
There isn't much of a plan for how games will look yet, but it'll be as different from the other sections as they are from each other, and yes, will be designed around variable aspect ratio artwork.

EDIT: Actually, I can't guarantee that. The most likely outcome will be that it doesn't use cover art at all, but rather screenshots. Cover art quality and availability for old games is all over the place.
This looks phenomenal, mind blowing phenomenal, I love simplicity of it and can't wait to use it. Quick question Will you or have you added a vertical menu on the home screen?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39