Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
(2018-02-01, 18:31)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]Important update in the OP.

Thanks!
That's amazing news! Thanks a lot.
(2016-12-26, 01:13)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]Update: 01/02/2018

Amazing to think it's been over a year since I started this thread, much less thought about skinning again. Thanks for the words of support over the months since my mother's illness worsened to the point where work had to stop (in case you were wondering) - they were appreciated.

I noticed a few things from 'Aeon 2017' appearing in other skins over the last year, but never to the point where I felt this was obsolete. This is still the only skin used in my household, unfinished as it is, which tells me it should still be finished and shared.

So... I'm putting together a team. We'll have a Slack channel and work on the skin privately, starting imminently. In the event I can't put the time in again, the team will have my blessing to complete Aeon and release it when they see fit. Any interest can be expressed either by DM or posting here, but please only apply if you have decent skinning experience. Dedicated testers are not needed at this point.

I'll share some more up-to-date screens in the OP later today.

Thanks!

I’m going to assume with your return that your mothers health has improved which must be of great relief.

Thanks for the update.
Great news! Hope your mother is feeling better.

Locking forward to the forthcoming release of this beautiful skin.

/Marcus
Thanks to aeon 1st version I knew the fantastic team xbmc-Kodi many years ago and I'm glad you're back.
Amazing news, so glad you felt like coming back to this skin, it looked so good in the previews and was such a shame you had to understandably put it on hold. Can't wait to finally use it.
Sorry for the lack of new screens. I made a number of significant cosmetic changes which, well, they're too nice! I don't want to give certain other skin makers ideas before I can get this thing out.

Haven't had a *huge* response to the request for team members yet, but I'll approach a few ppl more directly over the next day or so. Can't imagine many people even look at this area of the forum nowadays.
(2018-02-04, 04:41)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry for the lack of new screens. I made a number of significant cosmetic changes which, well, they're too nice! I don't want to give certain other skin makers ideas before I can get this thing out.

Haven't had a *huge* response to the request for team members yet, but I'll approach a few ppl more directly over the next day or so. Can't imagine many people even look at this area of the forum nowadays.
I would love to help, but I'm not a skinner.  I can only test, but that's not what you want unfortunately.
We are still here. Good to see you are still working on it.
Don't worry - the people I've got on board already are great, and just having them will feel completely different to working on my own. I did a premature beauty pass on a couple of the views and, combined with a new menu system, it's a substantially improved and less utilitarian-looking skin now. It's also back to being 100% textureless. The good news is that, even after a year+, the novelty of the more experimental stuff hasn't worn off, and the decisions regarding navigation and feel have proved sound. It's just a case of marrying all that to the vanilla Kodi elements it'll need to hang together. I firmly believe that, if you take an art-first approach to Kodi, there are single definitive ways to handle that content, and by extension a definitive way to present it holistically. We'll get there.
Just giving my thouths and wishes to you in a difficult time.
Appreciated dude. I wish it was good news on that front, but suffice it to say it's largely out of my hands now.
Looking forward to see the new skin, even more if you say is a great design with no textures at all. Can't imagine how much effort this implies.
Thanks for coming back.
miss you for a year, i hope the skin will release this year or at least we can try the beta version or alpha

cheer up, my man
I'm not here very often anymore, but this is really good news djh! Looking forward to try out this masterpiece! Thanks for all your hard work!
I'm so excited for the public beta of this skin.  I definitely want to see if it'll become my new daily.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39