Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Aeon 2 (Kodi Matrix/Leia/Krypton)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39
Good to see all your hard work hasn't been for nothing. The skin previews still look superb, even now that they've been out there for over a year. Nice to know this might one day be released.

I hope your home situation improves djh_.
Thanks all.

The previews from last Christmas are pretty outdated now. The look is somewhat more modern and consistent now, and a little less esoteric. The settings integration with the home page is now almost complete and I'm very happy with its redesign and flow. Fonts have all changed across the skin, and the metrics have been tightened a lot. My hope now is that the first you'll see of all this is a release, though it's impossible to put a date on it yet.

Polish is going to be a massive challenge, and I'm hoping is where the team we've assembled is going to get its hands dirty. It's about plugging the gaps in animation and general UX, and ensuring there aren't hiccups or fringe cases where everything just breaks. There's a lot of both at the moment. Pictures, especially, is trying to do a lot of new stuff without relying upon a database, which is one thing to execute but another to make as seamless as the more standard sections. There's quite a bit of chaff in Kodi which I'm trying to step around and over, and it doesn't always like that, especially when you factor in controllers and remotes as the preferred input method.

Then you have the whole issue of the new user experience, and making sure the skin appears functional and attractive in a worst-case scenario when it comes to artwork, etc. Most of this needs to happen before the whole thing is rebuilt as its own code base, as right now it's just being hacked on top of Estuary to simply get things happening on-screen. Finally, when we have a fully working skin, I can worry about one last beauty pass to hopefully swap out placeholder icons, etc. Just bear in mind that whatever gets released will still just be a foundation for a lot of people, as this is a very pared back and finessed version of a skin that came out during simpler times. It'll be for other people to build upon that with mods.

My take on Kodi right now is that it's got stuck between modern, storefront-style design and the ancient ways of XBMC (some of which are practically enforced by its skinning engine). It's just not very personal and not a whole lot of fun, and not something you'd keenly show off to guests in your house. My memories of OG Xbox modding and Xbox Media Center are precisely that, so if I can bring some of it back then job done.
(2016-12-29, 02:54)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]As for PVR, I'll look into that after the first release in early-to-mid 2017. I'm totally unfamiliar with that aspect of Kodi, so I'll need to give it proper attention.

That post is more than one year ago. And if I understand you right, there are some other skinners working together with you now. PVR is the most important thing for me, because we use kodi for watching live tv and recordings every day.

Do you plan to build a pvr part in your first release nowadays?

Keep up the amazing work!

Greetings Hoppel
I'm curious about PVR too! Ah well, first things first, I'm just happy the new Aeon skin is progressing.
Glad to Hear the project still in race.

But where are the screen shot.

Somes post says things like 'amazing skin'

But amazing from what ?
(2018-03-02, 20:55)Biofx80 Wrote: [ -> ]Glad to Hear the project still in race.

But where are the screen shot.

Somes post says things like 'amazing skin'

But amazing from what ?
There was screen shots, but as DJh said, the skin is now quite different, so doesn't made sense to leave old screens in the post. Only I can say is they were amazing, so imagine now...
The screenshots weren't all that, tbh, though they were indicative of some of the structural elements and colour-sensing behaviour it was built around. But stuff like typefaces and surface appearance was completely placeholder, if not prototype. A lot's changed since, and even more is about to change, so it wouldn't make sense to bring that media back. Emilio (who some of you oldies might remember) is waving his magic wand over it at the moment, so rest assured it'll deliver in the looks department.
Wait what? Emilio’s back as well.......this I gotta see
Quick update. The cosmetic overhaul that's taken damn near forever is almost done. Reaching a point now where it makes sense to start rebuilding the skin with a proper structure and all the intended optimisations, documentation, etc.

In the end it was just me doing all the design and code, which in fairness to the guys who agreed to help was the only possible outcome. So much changes on a daily basis that any collaboration would be counter-productive at this point.

Another month of work at the current rate and I reckon you'll be getting some screenshots, at least. I don't want to share anything until the end is almost in sight, and there are still a lot of holes to fill. I think you'll like how far it's come, though!
I am so eager!

Thanks for the update Duncan!
@djh_ thanks for the update.
Sounds like it might be ready just about when the Leia stable is released, that would be nice! Cool
(2018-03-23, 18:40)djh_ Wrote: [ -> ]Another month of work at the current rate and I reckon you'll be getting some screenshots, at least. I don't want to share anything until the end is almost in sight, and there are still a lot of holes to fill. I think you'll like how far it's come, though!

Sooooooooo curious Wink
Any info so far?
come on.. get your act together.. everybody wants this to happen.. if its money... just say so ..we will pay.. but dont play dead..
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39