Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Apple TV 4 Issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all,

Let me start off by saying I am new to this whole Kodi thing so bear with me.

I installed Kodi on my new Apple TV 4 a few weeks back for the first time. I added a custom build that I had seen on a few videos. Everything seemed to work great for the first few weeks but the other morning when I went to open the app, nothing happened. I tried restarting my apple tv a few times and nothing. When I click on the app, it just kind of shakes but doesn't open. Everything else on the apple TV works the same as before so not sure what happened and what I need to do to fix it.

Any help or suggestions is appreciated. Thanks!
(2016-12-27, 15:08)redskngolf Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I installed Kodi on my new Apple TV 4 a few weeks back for the first time. I added the Schism custom build that I had seen on a few videos. Everything seemed to work great for the first few weeks but the other morning when I went to open the app, nothing happened. I tried restarting my apple tv a few times and nothing. When I click on the app, it just kind of shakes but doesn't open. Everything else on the apple TV works the same as before so not sure what happened and what I need to do to fix it.

If my knowledge serves me right, you're referring to a banned add-on.
(2016-12-27, 15:13)underwriter Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-27, 15:08)redskngolf Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all,

I installed Kodi on my new Apple TV 4 a few weeks back for the first time. I added the Schism custom build that I had seen on a few videos. Everything seemed to work great for the first few weeks but the other morning when I went to open the app, nothing happened. I tried restarting my apple tv a few times and nothing. When I click on the app, it just kind of shakes but doesn't open. Everything else on the apple TV works the same as before so not sure what happened and what I need to do to fix it.

If my knowledge serves me right, you're referring to a banned add-on.

Like I said I am new to all this and not sure. I sideloaded the app on to my apple tv 4 and then watched some videos about add-ons and did this custom build thing. For a newbie it seemed like the easiest option.

Should I just uninstall and reinstall the app and start over. If so whats the best way to go about setting it up?
Best would be install a clean fresh install of Kodi,
Then forget all about those add-ons especially those that are in the list of the Banned add-ons (wiki).
You won't get any support here when using those add-ons.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk
(2016-12-27, 15:23)TRaSH Wrote: [ -> ]Best would be install a clean fresh install of Kodi,
Then forget all about those add-ons especially those that are in the list of the Banned add-ons (wiki).
You won't get any support here when using those add-ons.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn GT-I9505 met Tapatalk

Thanks for the advice.
Read this if you want to know our view on many of those youTube "tutorials" and their promotion of the 3rd party piracy banned add-ons (wiki).

We also do not support builds which are set up simply to install and promote such junk, as they are a clear violation of our forum rules (wiki) on piracy.