Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Krypton apk not installing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to install Krypton beta with jarvis still installed ?
Getting app not installed error. Wanted to still have jarvis whilst testing Krypton.
Running marshmallow.
(2016-12-28, 14:32)arm247 Wrote: [ -> ]Is it possible to install Krypton beta with jarvis still installed ?
Getting app not installed error. Wanted to still have jarvis whilst testing Krypton.
Running marshmallow.

what device do you have? So, after installing Krypton, Jarvis will still boot, but Krypton won't?
I'm pretty sure you overwrote (or rather upgraded) your Jarvis install to Krypton.
You can run SPMC (Jarvis) & Kodi (Krypton)alongside each other as they use different directories
I thought it may have been possible as it's a different build.
Bit the bullet and uninstalled jarvis then Krypton installed fine.
So unable to have both.
Like I mentioned, you still CAN run Jarvis (SPMC) & Kodi (Krypton) side by side on the same box.
(2016-12-29, 01:25)christoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Like I mentioned, you still CAN run Jarvis (SPMC) & Kodi (Krypton) side by side on the same box.

way to not bother explaining these have different package names :p
(2016-12-29, 11:19)killtwits Wrote: [ -> ]
(2016-12-29, 01:25)christoofar Wrote: [ -> ]Like I mentioned, you still CAN run Jarvis (SPMC) & Kodi (Krypton) side by side on the same box.

way to not bother explaining these have different package names :p

Reading comprehension is an aquired skill...Nod

"You can run SPMC (Jarvis) & Kodi (Krypton)alongside each other as they use different directories"

Or isn't that clear enough for you?
Well there are probably a lot of new users reading here that have no idea of what SPMC is, that it is a different version of kodi for android boxes. They're here learning...so it wouldn't be so bad to give a little more detail now, would it? We are here to help each other, right?
(2017-01-01, 19:00)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Well there are probably a lot of new users reading here that have no idea of what SPMC is, that it is a different version of kodi for android boxes. They're here learning...so it wouldn't be so bad to give a little more detail now, would it? We are here to help each other, right?

And how is your comment helping again? I bet if I was a new user, didn't know what "SPMC" was, and typed that in a search bar, I would most likely profit.

Cheers & HNY
(2017-01-01, 20:15)christoofar Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-01-01, 19:00)flhthemi Wrote: [ -> ]Well there are probably a lot of new users reading here that have no idea of what SPMC is, that it is a different version of kodi for android boxes. They're here learning...so it wouldn't be so bad to give a little more detail now, would it? We are here to help each other, right?

And how is your comment helping again? I bet if I was a new user, didn't know what "SPMC" was, and typed that in a search bar, I would most likely profit.

Cheers & HNY

Apparently not at all because it never made it any further than some bad attitude.
@arm247 depending on the Android device you have, you might be able to install LibreELEC (basically kodi) onto a microsd card or usb.

In which case you could install libreelec jarvis on one sd card & libreelec krypton on another card.

https://forum.libreelec.tv