Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 5.1 decode with Kodi 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

So here's the deal. I have Kodi 17 beta installed(had 16 also, same outcome) and I can't get my Logitech Z906 to decode 5.1 sound. I have an Amazon Fire stick connected via HDMI and the audio system connected via a SPDIF cable to the TV's optical port. Netflix on the Fire stick outputs 5.1 so the first "layer" of software doesn't have any issues as I see. That tells me Kodi has some issues handling 5.1 sound. I have tried to enable/disable passthrough and lots of other sound combination settings but still get 2.0 or no sound. Have checked the video files, I am using Alluc, they have 5.1 streams which they are using for playback, but somehow I get only 2.0 via my audio system.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Gabriel
debug log (wiki)
(2016-12-28, 21:43)Vortex66 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

So here's the deal. I have Kodi 17 beta installed(had 16 also, same outcome) and I can't get my Logitech Z906 to decode 5.1 sound. I have an Amazon Fire stick connected via HDMI and the audio system connected via a SPDIF cable to the TV's optical port. Netflix on the Fire stick outputs 5.1 so the first "layer" of software doesn't have any issues as I see. That tells me Kodi has some issues handling 5.1 sound. I have tried to enable/disable passthrough and lots of other sound combination settings but still get 2.0 or no sound. Have checked the video files, I am using Alluc, they have 5.1 streams which they are using for playback, but somehow I get only 2.0 via my audio system.

Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Gabriel

SPDIF can only output 2.0 channels. If you want multi channel via spdif. Set PCM channels to 2.0 and enable AC3 and AC3 Transcode.
Hey guys,

Thanks for the replies.

So I tried fritsch's advice and now Kodi just simply crashes. Will post log with crash momentarily.

Gabriel
Here's the log. Tried to start a movie in 2.0 and it didn't crash but didn't have sound.

Tried a 5.1 one and it crashed.

http://paste.ubuntu.com/23702308/
Update to beta7 please
Updated to beta 7. Audio settings resetted to default then I just enabled AC3 and AC3 transcode(2.0 channels selected as default). No sound at all, even if stream was 5.1

Log:
http://paste.ubuntu.com/23702530/
Disable "Adjust Refreshrate" it's horrible broken on Android / Shield too - it won't give you PT after the switch.
It was disabled. Enabled it to "Always" just for the sake of it but still no sound.

Anything else I can do?
Can you disable Mediacodec?
That didn't help unfortunately. If while playing the video i disable passthrough, audio comes out but only 2.0, if I allow it, it just doesn't have any sound(neither does any light for 2.0 or 5.1 light up on my system as it normally would).
Then, nothing we can do for you, sadly.
Too bad.. Hope it gets fixed one day.