Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV Shows corrupt/issue with local and mysql
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

This is kind of a weird issue for which I have not found any posts describing something similar. A few weeks ago, I noticed Kodi was no longer adding new TV Shows. Movies no problem. This week I had some time to look into this and noticed that certain shows are detected correctly, but showing images for a show I removed a long time ago (also from the library). Manually detecting a show like Happy Valley and it's detected as a Japanese cartoon? So I recon it's the DB. As I wanted to move to MySQL anyway, I set this up and worked fine for Movies, but when it came to TV Shows, it scans and detects all, but it only show the last show it scans. During the scraping you see the show changing cover as it moves to the next show. In the DB is see that there is only 1 record that changes each time it scraps a new show. So in stead of adding, it 'updates' the first record.

So back to the local DB. Remove the MyVideos database from the userdata and did a rescan of the folder, also here I only get one show. Movies still no problem. All get scanned and detect fine.

Nothing in the logs regarding DB errors or such. Everything seems pretty normal.

So, moved all the shows and just added one show it was not adding before, in this case The Crown... it's added as Games of Thrones? Despite the scraper detects it as The Crown (en). The screenshots of the episodes are those of a Japanese Cartoon. Ok, removed this show, all DBs and started fresh, but similar behavior repeats for any show it could not detect before. A show it could detect has the right images, but again with the same Japanese cartoon screen captures for the episodes...

I recon it's a cache problem, so remove all data under temp (including those from the scraper), removed DBs again and started fresh. Still the same issue.

One thing I notice is that it's damn quick in scanning shows and getting the screen captures with a fresh DB. Under a second it does Seinfeld with 9 seasons.

I checked files for weird characters including DB unfriendly characters. Structure of the shows is consistent: Show - Season # - Show S##E## - Title.ext. No .nfo files in the folders

Tried different scrapers, same problem (XEN).

Rebooted between each change to make sure I started as clean as possible.

Restoring a backup from the library brings everything back to the old situations (even when using MySQL). Which means I have the older shows, but not the new ones. The scraper detects them and the episodes are in recently added shows, but not in the library itself.

Using latest stable Openelec (6.0.3 X86 Generic). Yes I already raised it there as well, but I tend to agree it seems to be more Kodi related than Openelec.

I feel there is some corrupted cache somewhere, but not in the usual folders.