Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: kyrpton rc1 crashing on fire tv stick
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sideloaded rc1 apk and kodi starts, but shortly after it has crashed pretty regularly. This is a 1st gen stick (im pretty sure, it was before voice remote was included free). Log coming soon. It took a bit to get debug log running as it would crash almost right away after the splash screen.

i can clear cache/app data. If i clear appdata, I assume I will need to replace advancedsettings.xml?
Known issue, get this build and you should be fine.
Hello,
It crash also on Android TV (Sony kdl50w755)
Regards
(2016-12-30, 21:27)Maetrik Wrote: [ -> ]Known issue, get this build and you should be fine.

(2016-12-30, 21:29)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Fetch RC2 from here
http://mirrors.kodi.tv/releases/android/arm/

I should assume the fixes in the fire tv build are built into RC2? Just want whatever is going to be stable.

Also, if i update to RC2, will I need to update my windows/osx machines (they are on rc1 and running fine) ***nevermind this one, I found RC2 for the other platforms, ill just update everything
You don't need to update those as v17 will stay compatible
i dont know if it was related, but after rc2 on the fire stick, it wouldnt find any of the files. it would say they no longer existed and asked if they should be removed from the library. I updated to rc2 on the windows machine thats also running mysql and all is well now. Who knows, could have just been a network issue.

That said, RC2 is running well now. No more crashes. Thanks for the quick response.
(2016-12-30, 21:27)Maetrik Wrote: [ -> ]Known issue, get this build and you should be fine.

None of these builds are working for me? I've cleared cache, factory restored the device (1st gen Fire Stick) but still will not get past the "Preparing for first use" screen. Any ideas?