Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: No Remote Gift Box
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My brother gave me his MXQ box with no remote. Therefore I can't make it recognize my WiFi because I can't make it do anything.

Any suggestions? This is for my 3yr old ASD son to have access to his Disney movies and I'm banging my head.
connect a keyboard to it? You can also buy RF remote separately
Thank you very much for that idea. I don't know why I didn't think that. My husband has a mini he uses fur gaming that will be perfect.
The only problem without the original remote I see is turning the thing on and off....
(2016-12-31, 00:14)DaLanik Wrote: [ -> ]The only problem without the original remote I see is turning the thing on and off....

I've noted this problem with my air mouse that I prefer to use than the rempte that came with the box.

Is it possible to map keys on the remote to:-

1. send the box to sleep
2. wake the box up
3. power the box off
4. power the box on
Yes, I have i25a remote and it is able to wake the box - but I have programmed it with the original remote - it can learn IR codes from original remote... if you don't have the original.... I don't think you can TURN OFF, there is only SLEEP button. The box is always on, but same as when your phone turns off th screen i suppose.
A I keep my box on all the time. Keeps me from waiting it to boot. Does not use that much power when switched on compared to off [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-G925F