Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Rendering method
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When a movie is dark it is so dark you can't hardly see the picture. Since there I'd no brightness or contrast control in Jarvis 16.1 I read you can change the render method to fix the problem but it I'd grayed out and won't let you change it. Is there any way to change the rendering method?
Perhaps you've read something about the 16-235 limited colour range? Video levels and color space (wiki)

Quote:Since there I'd no brightness or contrast control
No, Jarvis has the capability of brightness and contrast sliders, but if your graphic engine doesn't support it, or the skin you are using doesn't show it then you'll have to consider some outside control (either per-processing in the graphic card or use the panels adjustments).
This is all dependent on the platform you run Kodi on. Unfortunately you did not give us any info on this.
It is a T95m Rominetak media, box
Bad luck, not supported by the Android port of Kodi. Kodi operates in full range and your TV is set to limited. As a result you get too dark colours. If you are lucky, you can set the graphics driver to full range and your TV as well.