Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: help with Decado Docs addon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
it seems every addon i try to install is some problem or requiring a work-around of a work-around. Confused
this time i am trying Decado Documentaries and getting some errors when i try to play a video

found this in the log file which might be related:
running running Kodi 17. anyone care to help before i uninstall Kodi? lol..

Code:
00:48:51.909 T:3712   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.AttributeError'>
                                            Error Contents: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_AUTO'
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.DecadoDocs\default.py", line 228, in <module>
                                                elif mode==2: PLAYDOCS(url,name)
                                              File "C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.DecadoDocs\default.py", line 80, in PLAYDOCS
                                                xbmcPlayer = xbmc.Player(xbmc.PLAYER_CORE_AUTO)
                                            AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'PLAYER_CORE_AUTO'
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:48:59.782 T:2020   ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::GetDirectory - Error getting plugin://plugin.video.DecadoDocs/?description&mode=1&name=Society&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftopdocumentaryfilms.com%2Fcategory%2Fsociety%2F
00:48:59.784 T:2020   ERROR: CGUIMediaWindow::GetDirectory(plugin://plugin.video.DecadoDocs/?description&mode=1&name=Society&url=http%3A%2F%2Ftopdocumentaryfilms.com%2Fcategory%2Fsociety%2F) failed
00:49:04.183 T:2644   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.IndexError'>
                                            Error Contents: list index out of range
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.DecadoDocs\default.py", line 228, in <module>
                                                elif mode==2: PLAYDOCS(url,name)
                                              File "C:\Users\stevie\AppData\Roaming\Kodi\addons\plugin.video.DecadoDocs\default.py", line 64, in PLAYDOCS
                                                youtube=re.compile('content="https://www.youtube.com/embed/(.+?)"').findall(link)[0]
                                            IndexError: list index out of range
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
00:49:05.026 T:4276   ERROR: Unable to find plugin
That addon appears to be from a banned add-on (wiki) repo, and if so would not be supported here.
ah ok well i was not aware.. thanks for the information.
know of an alternative addon for documentaries/science?

cheers.
There's a fair amount on YouTube, which can be accessed in Kodi via the add-on on the official repo. Look at the channels from the Royal Institution, NASA, the Smithsonian for examples, depending on your more specific tastes.

Beyond that look and see what is in the official repo and in this section, although some are only available in certain geographical locations. An example there is MetalChris's Discovery Channel add-on.