Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi on Nivida Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just received my Shield and i thought Kodi was already installed but i don't think it is.
There are several u tube videos on how to add stuff.
Go to Play Store and install it
I have it installed on my Mac book pro with some Addons. How can i get it onto the Shield?
From the play store like Martijn said.

That said if you're looking for banned addons (wiki) that violate our forum rules (wiki) then we cannot help you.
I have removed Kodi from my Mac book.It was installed on my android phone.Since Kodi seems to Damaged and cant be installed until it is fixed.
Since i still have it installed on my android phone can i transfer Kodi from phone into my Nvidia Shield.
If you have installed it on the phone from the play store then not easily, but if you have it via an APK sideload then you can transfer that to the shield and install that yes (HOW-TO:Install Kodi for Android (wiki)).

You should also be able to install it on the shield directly from the play store as already mentioned. If that isn't working then you can download the apk from the download link at the very top of each forum page and install that on the shield as detailed in the link above.
Is it possible to to hookup a USB cable from both and some how transfer it on to the Shield?
You cannot transfer an installed copy of Kodi from one place to another. You need to reinstall it. If it's "damaged," go into your Shield settings, go to Apps, uninstall Kodi. Then go to the store and re-install it.
(2017-01-01, 19:32)420benz Wrote: [ -> ]I have removed Kodi from my Mac book.It was installed on my android phone.Since Kodi seems to Damaged and cant be installed until it is fixed.
Since i still have it installed on my android phone can i transfer Kodi from phone into my Nvidia Shield.

Glad you found your already existing thread Smile

Just install Kodi from the Play Store.

If you feel confident enough then have a look at performing a http://kodi.wiki/view/add-on:backup of your phone installation and transferring that to your new installation on the Shield but to be honest as you haven't had it long it would probably be easier to just start afresh on the Shield.