Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Total Noob ( Maybe this is a Sign)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I know how to add textures, make buttons all the basics, at least I think... ,my noob question is how can I set the texture as a movie poster, or in a panel how do I set content to a play list with movies or media in general. and how do I play it.. is there a simple code I could see then I can build off of it I just cant figure out where to start.

Thanks for any help. and Happy New Year to all
@nickr

Maybe you can be more specific?

as for my part maybe I wasn't clear either.... I am working on a skin attempting to make my own widgets I got the music ablum and artist to show
but the movies I am not sure what I need to do to show them.

Code:
<content target="movies" sortby="title" sortorder="ascending" limit="10">moviedb://title/</content>

that is what I have I do have a movie library already built. btw the (content is for a list that was working with musicdb//recentlyaddedmusic/
Sorry I did miss that your post was in skinning section, and thought you were a new to Kodi . In that case I have nothing much to offer as I am not a Skinner. My apologies for the noise.
It all good no harm no fowl... I guess I wasn't that clear the first time around either.
db shortcuts

I finally found what I was looking for. Figured I would post the answer Incase someone else has the same issue.
Try this...

Code:
<content target="movies" sortby="title" sortorder="ascending" limit="10">videodb://movies/titles/</content>
Ha, you beat me to it...
Hahaha thank you for answering though.... I had looked all over for a that list earlier with no avail.