Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: File Paths not working correctly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey everyone! I'm having an issue with file pathing. I'v separated movies into folders and I use MediaElch to create the info files/genres etc. But when I go to select what Information provider use I have to choose between TMDB or Local Information Only. WHat do I have to do at this point? Because If I select TMDB I have no control over the info, while if I choose Local Information It's all broken. Movies appear as folder initially, and then when you open them there is the Mp4 file without any info or Poster... and there are the "fanart" files there too. If I go directly inot the "Movies" section, not through the videos/files path I get only the movies that have the info files created. The other ones don't appear. Even these ones that show have different Posters from what I selected in Media Elch. I don't know if Kodi is being laggy or what but I'm lost at this point... Here are some images

watch gallery
I think the issue comes down to MediaElch (wiki) to create the info files, it's a media manager and if it worked properly, a local information scrape should bring in the exact data you selected within MediaElch. "if I choose Local Information It's all broken. if there is missing meta-data or in the wrong format Artwork (wiki) the covers/fanart will not show etc. Then you're mixing TMDB scrapes which will over ride what is in your movie folders if there is anything missing in that folder.

To try an get to the bottom of the MediaElch issue this forum might offer more help http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333

I have a problem with media managing software managing a manger, although it offers few improvements over what Kodi already does quite well. I use the universal scraper (it can split the effort with different meta-database) and should the art not appeal to me, I manually choose new covers or backgrounds from the friendly Kodi UI thanks in part due to Artwork Downloader.

So the conclusion is simple, stick with MediaElch and local information scraper and try to fix the issues. Or load up the the Universal scraper with Artwork Downloader for a little less control. Once you get your library to where you like it, export the library to separate files, and Kodi will save the artwork and meta-data into each movie folder.

Quote: If I select TMDB I have no control over the info
Thinking about TMDB and all it's effort, I'm sure if you went to the source and volunteered your time, you could have some control Smile
(2017-01-01, 18:28)PatK Wrote: [ -> ]I think the issue comes down to MediaElch (wiki) to create the info files, it's a media manager and if it worked properly, a local information scrape should bring in the exact data you selected within MediaElch. "if I choose Local Information It's all broken. if there is missing meta-data or in the wrong format Artwork (wiki) the covers/fanart will not show etc. Then you're mixing TMDB scrapes which will over ride what is in your movie folders if there is anything missing in that folder.

To try an get to the bottom of the MediaElch issue this forum might offer more help http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=136333

I have a problem with media managing software managing a manger, although it offers few improvements over what Kodi already does quite well. I use the universal scraper (it can split the effort with different meta-database) and should the art not appeal to me, I manually choose new covers or backgrounds from the friendly Kodi UI thanks in part due to Artwork Downloader.

So the conclusion is simple, stick with MediaElch and local information scraper and try to fix the issues. Or load up the the Universal scraper with Artwork Downloader for a little less control. Once you get your library to where you like it, export the library to separate files, and Kodi will save the artwork and meta-data into each movie folder.

Quote: If I select TMDB I have no control over the info
Thinking about TMDB and all it's effort, I'm sure if you went to the source and volunteered your time, you could have some control Smile

Thanks for the insight. Honestly I think Kodi is pretty freaking awesome. It does what I always wanted. Since I'm not a very good expert when it comes to more advanced things I tried stuff like MediaElch. And the only good reason to why I'm wanting to make it work and use it is because of the ability to change the TMDB language info into my language and the ability to create genres. Again, this program is easy to use and set those parameters. Maybe there are better way I'm not aware of... but for now I'm stuck to this. I'll check those links Thanks!
@PatK Ok so I went back to TMDB. Also, i managed to find the option where I can set the language. Also thanks to the link I managed to fix some things. Thanks Alot.
Ah.. ok, didn't see that in your original post, language would be a big reason to use a customized media manager.

Then a Happy New Year.