Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Colored EPG in PVR Simple Client?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does PVR Simple Client support colored EPG?
If yes, where can I find more info about it?
Genre coloring is based on skin support and your EPG having genres. Estuary supports genre colors by default. Whatever guide information you use needs to supply genres, and then the colors will appear.
Thanks!

And what is Estuary? ;-)
(2017-01-04, 21:34)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Genre coloring is based on skin support and your EPG having genres. Estuary supports genre colors by default. Whatever guide information you use needs to supply genres, and then the colors will appear.

But is that support only in English? because not working in Spanish
(2017-01-04, 21:34)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Genre coloring is based on skin support and your EPG having genres. Estuary supports genre colors by default. Whatever guide information you use needs to supply genres, and then the colors will appear.

Ok, I looked up what that "Estuary" is. It's the new skin for the new KODI.
I installed that new KODI but the EPG is still not colored although my XMLTV has category information.

Code:
<programme start="20170110235000 +0100" stop="20170111001500 +0100" channel="Disney Channel DE">
    <title lang="de">Die Nanny</title>
    <title lang="xx">The Nanny</title>
    <sub-title lang="de">Ein tierischer Ausflug im Zoo</sub-title>
    <desc lang="de">C.C. ist eifersüchtig auf Fran und versucht sich bei Maxwells Kindern einzuschleichen</desc>
    <credits>
      <director>Lee Shallat-Chemel</director>
      <actor>Fran Drescher (Fran Fine)</actor>
      <actor>Charles Shaughnessy (Maxwell Sheffield)</actor>
      <actor>Daniel Davis (Butler Niles)</actor>
      <actor>Lauren Lane (C. C. Babcock)</actor>
      <actor>Nicholle Tom (Margaret „Maggie“ Sheffield)</actor>
      <actor>Benjamin Salisbury (Brighton Sheffield)</actor>
      <actor>Madeline Zima (Grace Sheffield)</actor>
      <actor>Reneé Taylor (Sylvia Fine)</actor>
      <actor>Ann Morgan Guilbert (Yetta Rosenberg)</actor>
      <actor>Rachel Chagall (Val Toriello)</actor>
    </credits>
    <date>1993</date>
    <category lang="de">Comedyserie</category>
    <country>USA</country>
    <episode-num system="onscreen">S1 E5</episode-num>
  </programme>

If it's because of the language, where can I edit the colors and languages in KODI?
Actually not even the english language categories get colored:

Code:
<programme start="20170106193000 +0000" stop="20170106200000 +0000" channel="BBC4 UK">
    <title lang="en">Secrets of Bones</title>
    <desc lang="en">Ben Garrod delves into the surprising ways in which bone has evolved to help vertebrates sense the world around them, from wolves and sheep to the great grey owl. [HD] [S</desc>
    <category lang="en">News &amp; Documentaries</category>
    <category lang="en">Features</category>
    <icon src="http://epgstatic.sky.com/epgdata/1.0/paimage/18/0/webANXsecretsofboness1.jpg" />
    <episode-num system="onscreen">S1E4</episode-num>
  </programme>
I guess we'll have to wait for the last bump on final release, doubt will be left on grey.
Only certain genres have defined matching colors/numbers for them. If your genre is not one of the predefined terms, then you won't get the colors.
So edit MyPVRguide is the only option till v18?
(2017-01-04, 23:14)rpcameron Wrote: [ -> ]Only certain genres have defined matching colors/numbers for them. If your genre is not one of the predefined terms, then you won't get the colors.

Actually I wonder, how it should work without the ability to edit the colors and the categories in the PVR client itself.

A precoded system will never ever work, because you can not know, how the TV channels will name their categories.
And hard coding categories only in english into it won't help anybody watching anything else, than english channels.

The only way would be, that the software recognizes the <category> tag and reads the characters in it and assigns colors to the first appearance of a certain set of characters and then binds that certain set of characters to that color, so whenever that certain set of characters appears in the category tag, the softwar uses the assigned color.