Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Trakt python error in syslog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
after some digging around i've tracked down that my syslog gets spammed with the same message over and over to the extent that it becomes several gigabytes from just running kodi a short time due to some part of trakt or some of its dependencies.

The message in my syslog is:
kodi.desktop[3764]: extern "Python": function Cryptography_rand_bytes() called, but @ffi.def_extern() was not called in the current subinterpreter. Returning 0.

Heres the info from the pythoninvoker in kodi.log
DEBUG: CPythonInvoker(1, /home/****/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/default.py): setting the Python path to /home/****/.kodi/addons/script.trakt:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.addon.signals/lib:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.arrow/lib:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.dateutil/lib:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.simplejson/lib:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.six/lib:/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib:/usr/lib/python2.7:/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-x86_64-linux-gnu:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old:/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload:/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/PILcompat:/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/gtk-2.0

Here is the error from my kodi.log debug from trakt:
INFO: [script.trakt] requests.packages.urllib3.connectionpool: Starting new HTTPS connection (3): api-v2launch.trakt.tv
FATAL: [script.trakt] service: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'SSLError'>
Error Contents: (SSLError(SSLError('bad handshake: SysCallError(0, None)',),),)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/service.py", line 41, in _dispatch
self.scrobbler.playbackStarted(data)
File "/home/***/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/scrobbler.py", line 173, in playbackStarted
result = self.__scrobble('start')
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/scrobbler.py", line 288, in __scrobble
response = self.traktapi.scrobbleEpisode(self.traktShowSummary, self.curVideoInfo, watchedPercent, status)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.trakt/traktapi.py", line 155, in scrobbleEpisode
progress=percent)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/interfaces/base/__init__.py", line 36, in wrap
return func(*args, **kwargs)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/interfaces/base/__init__.py", line 20, in wrap
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/interfaces/scrobble.py", line 230, in start
**kwargs
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/interfaces/base/__init__.py", line 36, in wrap
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/interfaces/base/__init__.py", line 20, in wrap
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/interfaces/scrobble.py", line 126, in action
authenticated=kwargs.get('authenticated', None)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/core/http.py", line 129, in post
return self.request('POST', path, params, data, **kwargs)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/core/http.py", line 84, in request
return self.send(prepared)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.trakt/lib/trakt/core/http.py", line 102, in send
response = self.session.send(request, timeout=timeout)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/sessions.py", line 576, in send
r = adapter.send(request, **kwargs)
File "/home/****/.kodi/addons/script.module.requests/lib/requests/adapters.py", line 447, in send
raise SSLError(e, request=request)
SSLError: ('bad handshake: SysCallError(0, None)',)
-->End of Python script error report<--

I'm running ubuntu gnome 16.10 and kodi RC2
this is happening for me as well, running ubuntu 16.10 and kodi RC3. I don't have the trakt plugin though, It basically triggers when I perform the "Clean Library" function for my video files
The correct thread for trakt is here .

Please use that for such reports. Thread closed.