Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disabled main menu items appear after restart
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some Main menu items I disabled, but after system restart they appear again.

I'm using Kodi on linux and it is started with kodi-standalone from systemd script.

The computer is never shutdown by the Kodi menu, but this is done via cronscript at 00:30 hour!
Iʻve found that skin changes donʻt get written to disk until you gracefully quit Kodi. If you force quit it from a script, changes you make wonʻt stick. Try making a change, quit Kodi from the menu, then start it back up.
Thanks and I know that if Kodi is closed gracefully then it is working well, as shown on my other computer, but the "main" TV computer is started/shutdown automatically and in this case I aspect that the changed values are be saved also.
(2017-01-09, 21:41)Meindert Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks and I know that if Kodi is closed gracefully then it is working well, as shown on my other computer, but the "main" TV computer is started/shutdown automatically and in this case I aspect that the changed values are be saved also.

If you're killing the Kodi process, that simply isn't going to happen.

I wrote a python script that uses a JSON call to close Kodi gracefully and then restart it.

https://github.com/pkscout/restart.kodi

I've only tested in on OS X and Windows, but you're welcome to try that with your cron job and see what happens.
You need to ask yourself why the hell you are closing kodi down anyway?
(2017-01-10, 22:50)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]You need to ask yourself why the hell you are closing kodi down anyway?

Don't know about the OP, but I've had a historic problem of Kodi becoming unresponsive/slow on Windows if it runs too long. I finally gave up and just reboot the whole machine every night (yes, that's the Windows solution for everything). I mostly use the script I mentioned now to quickly "bounce" Kodi if I run into any strange problems.
I'm on debian and the reason of shutdown the media center is based on energy efficiency. The system runs normally between 17:30 and 00:30 hour the time the children, or we, are watching television.

I would aspect that the configurations are written to disk at the moment a change is made ?!
(2017-01-11, 18:53)Meindert Wrote: [ -> ]I would aspect that the configurations are written to disk at the moment a change is made ?!
They used to be. I think it changed with Jarvis.
One option - if you make changes either switch to a different skin (and switch back) or reload your skin... either of those actions should prompt changes to be saved.