Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: IHOW TO install PVR SIMPLE CLIENT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am new to Kodi. I just purchased a T95X OTT TV BOX (Mini Series) I tried to install the TV Banner and tried seeking help by viewing several YouTube videos. Then I found that the Default "NJOY" PVR client keeps disabling itself. There are no other PVR clients listed in this Kodi 16.1 (GooBang Doo)T95X box. Can someone tell me how I can install the Simple Client PVR? Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration. Cacique7
On android all pvr clients are built in. You just need to configure it with a list of legal channels.
Thank you Nick, I'm willing to install a few channels, can you give me an example of a "legal channel"
I see it came configured with some TV builds but I do not know if they are legal.
The NJOY PVR that came installed has disappeared.
Even when it (NJOY PVR) was there it kept disabling itself.
When on turn on KODI it reminds me that there no PVR add-on installed but when I go to program add-ons it is not there.
I would re-install the Kodi but I'm hesitant to do that since I am new to this.
Thank you again for your time and assistance.
Happy New Year
Sincerely
Cacique7
(2017-01-08, 21:42)nickr Wrote: [ -> ]On android all pvr clients are built in. You just need to configure it with a list of legal channels.

I don't understand what this means.
It means what it says. All pvr clients (including iptv simple) are already included when you install kodi on android. IPTV simple then needs to be configured by the user.

I don't know anything about the njoy backend, but I see it is mainly related to the njoy7 iptv box (a commercial product). It also does iptv. See here: http://kodi.wiki/view/Njoy and here: http://kodi.wiki/view/PVR_backend#Other

A reminder that kodi does not provide content, and does not support piracy.
My lack of understanding of Kodi is impinging on my ability to figure out what is legal and what is not.
So, I taken a leap of and decided to do a factory reset. My T95X is currently re-installing itself.
If the pre-installed PVR (NJOY) is found to be (enabled) and working then I will stick to whatever the system offers.The issue that had started my request for assistance was that I was told that Kodi provides TV channels. I could not find any channels or a TV banner screen. I'm not familiar with getting around the software and understanding what all these icons mean. When I viewed the YouTube videos there were videos on how to install the "TV banner". I could not figure that out since the "bloggers" had different versions than what I had.
Bottomline, gentlemen is that I'm going to stick to whatever other services my Android TV box offers.
I may come back to you for assistance but I hope not to have to take up your time since this appears to be too complicated for me.
I want to extend my sincerest appreciation to those who have come to my assistance.
Respectfully,
Cacique
Happy New Year
You were told wrong. Kodi provides no content. Your android n=box has probably been pre-configured with not so legal additions.
Read this .
Thank you for letting me know this.