Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Opening directly to a genre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm working on a skin, and I want to add a button from the main menu that links directly to a specific TV Show genre.

I have no problems with getting XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowgenres) to work, but that only takes you to a genre - is there any way to go one step further, specifying the genre?

Something like:
XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowgenres,science-fiction)

Thanks
jaredharley Wrote:I have no problems with getting XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,tvshowgenres) to work, but that only takes you to a genre - is there any way to go one step further, specifying the genre?

That SHOULD be "takes you to a list of genres" - damn slow fingers and quick brains!
i'm not exactly sure what the correct values are, but "videodb://#/#/" where the first # is the main categories and i beleive then a second # could take you to the specific genre. You may have to search the source for videodb:// to find the values.

But first just test XBMC.ActivateWindow(MyVideoLibrary,videodb://1/1/), since it may not work
will work just fine except all directory paths MUST end in a slash as you have correctly done. Smile
old thread I know, but I want to do the exact same thing...

At first I thought I had suceeded by using the videodb://1/1/x/
where x was a genre-id ...

however, I then discovered that the x-value is pretty dynamic, depending on the info in your video library database :/.

So I guess I'm back to square one. Any idea how I can solve this little trouble?
Add the genre you want to favorites and get the code from there (userdata/favorites.xml), but remember what Albin said: the x-value is pretty dynamic Sad
if you guys had trac'd this i'm sure "somebody" would have realized the usability issue long ago and added what you need.

i'd suggest activatewindow(videolibrary,moviegenres/nameofgenre)

etc