Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Mysql problem (I think)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had a problem with my windows and rpi KODIs so I eventually reinstalled everything after not being able to figure it out.
But now I keep getting it, so im guessing the problem is with my mysql server.

Kodi gives me these errors on startup:
Code:
18:24:42 T:5580   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [1049](Unknown database 'MyMusic56')
18:24:52 T:5580   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic55 [1049](Unknown database 'MyMusic55')
18:25:02 T:5580   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic54 [1049](Unknown database 'MyMusic54')
18:25:12 T:5580   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic53 [1049](Unknown database 'MyMusic53')
18:25:22 T:5580   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic52 [1049](Unknown database 'MyMusic52')
18:25:32 T:5580   ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic51 [1049](Unknown database 'MyMusic51')

mysql gives me these in the log;
Code:
170108 18:24:40     3 Connect   [email protected] on
                    3 Query     SET NAMES utf8
                    3 Query     SET SESSION sql_mode = (SELECT REPLACE(@@SESSION.sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY',''))
                    3 Query     SELECT @@SESSION.optimizer_switch
                    3 Query     show databases like 'MyMusic56'
                    3 Quit
170108 18:24:50     4 Connect   [email protected] on
                    4 Query     SET NAMES utf8
                    4 Query     SET SESSION sql_mode = (SELECT REPLACE(@@SESSION.sql_mode,'ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY',''))
                    4 Query     SELECT @@SESSION.optimizer_switch
                    4 Query     show databases like 'MyMusic55'
                    4 Quit
....and so on....

Before i reinstalled my kodi clients I also removed all the kodi databases but after trying to start kodi a couple of times i did find MyMusic60 and MyVideos107 in there.

Can anybody give me a hint as to where to go from here? I'm seriously stuck.
We need a full debug log of one of your clients trying to connect to the mysql server.
Anybody? I'm really stuck, with local database kodi runs fine, but I really would like a central one
The log seems fine, as far as db creation for Jarvis goes.
Jarvis uses versions 56 and 99, iirc
60 and 107 are Krypton versions.

What are the symptoms, exactly? Are the db re-created at each start?
I think he is mixing and matching versions of Kodi.

All your clients need to be the same version of Kodi (which use the same database version). So either choose Jarvis or Krypton, and stick with it through all your installs.
(2017-01-10, 09:36)Koying Wrote: [ -> ]The log seems fine, as far as db creation for Jarvis goes.
Jarvis uses versions 56 and 99, iirc
60 and 107 are Krypton versions.

What are the symptoms, exactly? Are the db re-created at each start?

When I start up Kodi it says not responding but in the logs it keeps adding the errors about unable to open database.
When i leave it like that for a while it does add some databases, but the next time i start it up it locks up again (at least the window, in the log you can see it still trying to open the database(s))
(2017-01-10, 14:40)helta Wrote: [ -> ]I think he is mixing and matching versions of Kodi.

All your clients need to be the same version of Kodi (which use the same database version). So either choose Jarvis or Krypton, and stick with it through all your installs.

Before I started i was using jarvis, when i started getting problems and after I reinstalled mysql server I started using krypton (windows, and only from one laptop). I did try 1 time in between with an install of jarvis to see if it was a problem with krypton, but same symptoms so i went back to krypton.
Just got the "smart" idea to install mysql server on my windows laptop, worked!
Still no idea how to fix the problem but at least know its clear its not Kodi right?
I'm still really confused on what the problem is.
(2017-01-10, 17:40)helta Wrote: [ -> ]I'm still really confused on what the problem is.

I cant use my mysql server for a central database.
The errors have changed to a
ERROR: Unable to open database: MyMusic56 [1045](Access denied for user 'kodi'@'192.168.1.73' (using password: YES))

EDIT: removed (4!) kodi users from mysql and added new (as described in wiki) and i'm back at the old Unknown database error.
Lets take it one step at a time and stop installing mysql everywhere. In your previous log, it showed that you used an advancedsettings.xml to point to your mysql server. The log showed that it created the music and video databases correctly.

What did you expect, or not expect to happen after that?
(2017-01-10, 17:54)helta Wrote: [ -> ]Lets take it one step at a time and stop installing mysql everywhere. In your previous log, it showed that you used an advancedsettings.xml to point to your mysql server. The log showed that it created the music and video databases correctly.

What did you expect, or not expect to happen after that?

It created it after 4 minutes of giving errors on not being able to open databases.
And even after it created the databases on a fresh start of kodi it goes through the whole process again.

I installed mysql on a different computer because i wanted to narrow down a bit more if the problem was in my kodi or mysql setup. Seeing as it worked on the newer mysql install the chance of the problem being in my mysql setup seems much bigger ( or network, might be worth noting that the "test" version of my mysql server install was on the same computer as where kodi was running, although kodi was still configured with an advancesettings to point to the mysql database.)