Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Stream from NAS subtitles always freezes at 1:10/1:20 hour
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I stream my videos from my QNAP NAS to my WeTek 2 mediaplayer. Every time at about 1 hour and 10 or 20 minutes the subtitles freezes and the Kodi menu can't be reached. Than i need to go back to the main menu of the mediaplayer and restart Kodi. I checked the CPU and the work memory during the movie and its about 34% full, so that is not the problem.I had the same problem with a different android mediaplayer (which i returned). I am 100% sure Kodi is the problem because the other apps (Netflix) doesn't have the problem. I also tried to watch the movie from my Playstation 4 and this works perfectly.
Does anyone has a clueHuh?
Hi, I have a similar issue. I'm using Kodi 1.7 on our Android TV to stream movies from my local DLNA (Serviio) server. Each time the subs stop appearing after cca 90 minutes of film. I use external subs mostly. I noticed there was a similar bug in Kodi some 4 years ago, looks like it crept back to latest release.

Lately I've been watching a few Korean movies and this was quite annoying, had to go upstairs to finish watching the final minutes in the computer room.

Cheers, B.
Hi Bernard. Does your Kodi also crashes? Its not Just the subtitles, but my whole Kodi is uncontrolable. Couple of months ago I didnt have this problem, propably An older version of KodiHuh
No, in my case just the subs stop appearing at around 90th minute, movie plays on normally.