Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: peak3d development roadmap
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Thx - using latest milhouse build on a rbpi3 and the sandman vod addon i get 5.1 audio out of the box now Smile - thats fantastic because i only have an atv4 + ipad and get only 2.0 audio from that constellation with official software via airplay (until an amazon app comes out for atv4).

Nice work Smile
@peak3d, is liberty-developer's inputstream.adaptive master branch compatible with latest Leia nightly? Also, is asciidisco's NetFlix plugin, which seems (from the GitHub commits) to include the new ESN stuff compatible as well? Or can they only be used with fernetmenta's agile Leia? It looks like the agile branch of the inputstream.adaptive addon has not been updated in quite a while.

Regards,

Bart
(2017-07-08, 19:29)bsoriano Wrote: [ -> ]@peak3d, is liberty-developer's inputstream.adaptive master branch compatible with latest Leia nightly? Also, is asciidisco's NetFlix plugin, which seems (from the GitHub commits) to include the new ESN stuff compatible as well? Or can they only be used with fernetmenta's agile Leia? It looks like the agile branch of the inputstream.adaptive addon has not been updated in quite a while.

Regards,

Bart

The agile agile dev tree is currently not used anymore.
kodi mainline master + peak3d / libdev inputstream.adaptive should work fine.
I want to inform you that 2 things has changed in the last time:

1.) liberty-developer, who forked my inputstream.adaptive tree, pushed his development back to my repo.
This means, that the DRM decryption wrapper is now included in the kodi nightlies.
For you this means much less confusion about versions of the libssd_wv library, it comes with inputstream.adaptive and is always compatible to the binary addon.

On Android devices DRM decryption works now OOTB simply by enabling inputstream.adaptive, reason is that DRM is part of the Android operating system. For all other OS you still have to pull a widevine binary blob to be able to watch encrypted content.The reason why we dont make the pull automatically is that closed binaries are - in our current interpretation- against kodi's GPL 2 license agreement. Discussion is going on.

2.) inputstream.adaptive has now HLS support.
There have been many requests in the past, and the multi bitrate definition of the format fits well into this binary addon.
Startup of streams seems to be much faster than using the kodi internal ffmpeg implementation, and at the time adaptive bitrate switching is working, HLS supports this as well.

AES-128 encryption is supported, SAMPLE-AES not as there was no usecase for this ntil now.
Adobe / FairPlay DRM is NOT implemented, I have not found any reasonable sources for this, and not any usecase (except some SD streams wich are already prepared for DASH / widevine)

Looking forward for success stories using the new HLS functionality.
Does Forward cache work with inputstream sources? With normal http source with ffmpeg kodi forward caches the file the amout you set in advancedsettings.
There will be a general forward buffer soon for all dash / smoothstream / hls.
But right now (without any additional cache) seeking is quite fast because you seek in small segments (based on the concept of segmented strams). Just try it.
Hi @peak3d

widevine decryption doesn't seem to be working for me on kodi-20170805-af5d449-master-arm64-v8a.apk.
Also confirmed the same on 2017-Aug-07 & 2017-Aug-06
Inputstream Adaptive is showing as 2.0.6.

Shows first frame and that's it. Time is still ticking over though.
Have tried on my Mi5 phone and Nvidia Shield.
Does work in older (last month) kodi-nerds debug builds.

Here is my debug log (phone):
https://pastebin.com/raw/rrFDu5iX

Any ideas?
Not sure if this is the right thread to ask ... My TV provider (Ziggo, The Netherlands) recently launched a website that includes an HTML player to play their DRM content streams. Would your current work make it possible to play this content from within Kodi? I would love to see a Ziggo TV addon - and, as a software developer (though with very limited Python experience), I wouldn't mind spending time on helping create it myself.
@peak3d I would like to add support in RTP play addon to inputstream adaptative (they use HLS streams without encryption). Is there anyway to pass the inputstream requirement to the player through setResolvedUrl ou xbmc.Player().play()? What are the parameters for HLS?

Thanks

Enviado do meu A0001 através de Tapatalk
@enen92
Code:
listitem = xbmcgui.ListItem()
listitem.setProperty('inputstreamaddon', 'inputstream.adaptive')
listitem.setProperty('inputstream.adaptive.manifest_type', 'hls')
(2017-08-07, 11:30)brulsmurf Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right thread to ask ... My TV provider (Ziggo, The Netherlands) recently launched a website that includes an HTML player to play their DRM content streams. Would your current work make it possible to play this content from within Kodi? I would love to see a Ziggo TV addon - and, as a software developer (though with very limited Python experience), I wouldn't mind spending time on helping create it myself.

I guess so, yes. But needs some investigation about how they talk to DRM license server.
(2017-08-07, 04:52)matthuisman Wrote: [ -> ]Shows first frame and that's it. Time is still ticking over though.
Have tried on my Mi5 phone and Nvidia Shield.
Does work in older (last month) kodi-nerds debug builds.

Is this still an issue? I have not faced any issues on Linux / Windows devices.
(2017-08-08, 10:24)peak3d Wrote: [ -> ]
(2017-08-07, 11:30)brulsmurf Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure if this is the right thread to ask ... My TV provider (Ziggo, The Netherlands) recently launched a website that includes an HTML player to play their DRM content streams. Would your current work make it possible to play this content from within Kodi? I would love to see a Ziggo TV addon - and, as a software developer (though with very limited Python experience), I wouldn't mind spending time on helping create it myself.

I guess so, yes. But needs some investigation about how they talk to DRM license server.

Great! They offer the streams through a complete web application, so I suppose it should be possible to examine complete http communication including headers, cookies and stuff ... I could go and do some prototyping. Is there any documentation or example implementation available that I can use?
(2017-08-07, 20:06)JinJin Wrote: [ -> ]@enen92

Thank you I'll give it a try. +1 sent your way
@brulsmurf

A Ziggo add-on would be cool. Are you planning to do a normal video add-on or a PVR-IP add-on or both ?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7