Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: LibreELEC and NFS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

I'm testing LibreELEC (Krypton) v7.90.010 ALPHA and I'm having problem configuring LibreELEC to mount a NFS share. On another Kodi/Jarvis instance I configured the NFS share directly in /etc/fstab but in LibreELEC that doesn't seems to be possible as /etc is read-only. And I couldn't get NFS through the GUI configuration to work until I tested with turning the firewall completely off on the NFS server.

This leaves me with three questions
- It's not possible to use /etc/fstab to mount a NFS share?
- What NFS client version does LibreELEC come with?
- What ports does it rely on?
I just used this openelec wiki guide to do the same thing with smb shares (libreelec uses the same system), give it a read: http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php/Mounti...ork_shares
Allow the LibreELEC client access through the firewall.
Why would you insist on "Mounting" from fstab? Completely unnecessary IMO. Why not use the builtin client. Can you elaborate on this?
(2017-01-10, 06:19)FishOil Wrote: [ -> ]Allow the LibreELEC client access through the firewall.
Why would you insist on "Mounting" from fstab? Completely unnecessary IMO. Why not use the builtin client. Can you elaborate on this?

OS level mounts perform much better
@mcaron1234 Thanks for the link, it was helpful.

But it seems that LibreELEC only supports NFSv3, which is a pain in the ass. Anybody knows if support for NFSv4 is planned?
After a bit of searching I found this post
http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=...pid2486948

And if I'm not reading it completely wrong then NFSv4 is just around the corner Smile
I have been experiencing stuttering using Kodi's own NFS mounting so have been trying to set it up via systemd

I can mount from the command line using

mount -t nfs 192.168.1.66:/nfs /storage/nas -o udp,noatime,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,nolock,nfsvers=3

No problems, and stutter appears to be fixed.

However running the same through systemd or autostart.sh so that it is mapped on boot gets me a permission denied message. Why would this be?

Thanks in advance.