Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 1080p video will not play on android nexus 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have Krypton RC installed on my Nexus 7 and it works very well except that any 1080p videos on my LAN will not play. I can only get a still shot on the screen and the timer runs as if the video is playing. All SD and 720p videos on the LAN play fine. Also if I play the same 1080p video using MX Player (over the same LAN and WIFI) it plays fine on this Nexus 7. I do have to set the MX Player to use Software Decoder not the HW decoder.

I am hoping someone knows what the problem is and how to fix it. Failing that is there a way to set MX Player as a default external player? I tried using the Kodi Wiki instructions for setting this up on Android and it doesn't seem to work. I used the playercorefactory.xml file supplied with the recommended edits. I suspect it will not work with Krypton.
So then: disable mediacodec in player settings
Thanks but already tried that to no avail. There are 2 options for Allow Acceleration: MediaCode(surface) and MediaCodec. l tried all combinations of having these on and off.

The "render method" is set to "Auto Detect" but is greyed out and cannot be changed as far as I can figure out. Don't know if this is significant...
update - I upgraded to Krypton RC3 in the hopes that the issue was solved. No it is worse. Cannot play any HD video - 720 or 1080p. Even some SD video will not play. Any ideas?
As nothing changed for android that would affect in anyway sw playback ... no idea.