Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New GUI customizing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I tried out the new Kodi 17 tonight and everything seems to be working. Thought I'd give the new UI a go but came across 2 issues immediately that I couldn't find a way to solve:

1. How do I turn off In Progress under the Movies?
  2. How do I add an app addon to the home menu instead of going to addons then selecting it?
oops, I guess I should have posted this in the Estuary forum
Thread moved to Estuary forum
(2017-01-12, 05:46)Malosar Wrote: [ -> ]So I tried out the new Kodi 17 tonight and everything seems to be working. Thought I'd give the new UI a go but came across 2 issues immediately that I couldn't find a way to solve:

1. How do I turn off In Progress under the Movies?
  2. How do I add an app addon to the home menu instead of going to addons then selecting it?

The first one is not an option with the default version of Estuary. I did mod Estuary to allow you to turn off home screen widgets. Find the thread with my username in the title in this sub-forum and you can get more info there. Some of the other mods might do that as well. Basically, check some of the mod threads and see what options are out there.

For the second one, are you talking about having an add-on in the main menu on the left? Again, that isn't possible with the default version. If you have the Add-ons menu active that will show you widgets of some of the addon types. You could also add the add-on to your favorites (generally bringing up the context menu when the add-on is selected and then choosing the Add to Favorites option will do that). Then you could get to the addons pretty quickly from the Favorites menu.