Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Surround Sound Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

Hoping someone might be able to help me please.

Running Jarvis 16.1 on Android TV, Sony Bravia.

I am finding it very difficult to produce 5.1 surround sound when streaming 4K movies from various sources available, when playing the movies it does say they are 5.1.

I have tried various settings, time and time over - made numerous changes and all that I can pass through is stereo.

I'm pretty sure I have made the correct setting changes, when I do play a 5.1 movie enabling pass through etc - all I can hear is a crackling/buzzing noise.

I would be really grateful for any advise, as to what the correct settings are to enable 5.1 sound - thank you.
No debug log (wiki) no support. Please provide via pastebin.org
just read http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=289735
there's everythyng you need to know about passthrough on bravias. And philips also.
Hi there many thanks for your feedback.

Sorry I should have mentioned that I'm using Sonos for passthrough, not my TV.

My movies are also stored on HTPC, with Kodi installed - the movies play fine in stereo - but I can't get 5.1 surround sound to work.

If you have any guides that would really help, I've tried so many ways - but I'm unable to get it to work correctly.
errrrr.....what? If kodi is installed on bravia then you use bravia (or is it HTPC? Make up your mind.) for passthrough. Sonos (which one?) is just a speaker. Just like I use Denon AVR.